Honored Resident
Tonimonastroniboni Oh
0 Kudos

Liquid mesh work in Phoenix viewer 1.6.1 (1691)

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue. I purchased along with my wife a liquid mesh outfit at Redgrave and while I have had no issue with Mesh viewing or wearing it, if she puts on this so called liquid mesh she can see it fine in Firestorm and I see just the alpha and of course invisible is half her body. We tried rebaking etc. relogging etc and the only thing I can think of is Phoenix standard viewer doesn't support liquid mesh. Can anyone answer this or if anyone has come acorss this before? I am doing my best to hold off on upgrading to firestorm if I can help it even though it's not supported. Let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Dilbert Dilweg
Kudos: 303
0 Kudos

Re: Liquid mesh work in Phoenix viewer 1.6.1 (1691)

[ Edited ]

Reply to Tonimonastroniboni Oh - view message

There are a lot of things that will slowly break with mesh and phoenix since they have stopped development on Phoenix.

Soon server side Texture baking will fail with Phoenix as the Lab continues to roll out the new way The viewers/server bakes textures for avatars

Honored Resident
Tonimonastroniboni Oh
0 Kudos

Reply to Dilbert Dilweg - view message

My understanding was that it was only the standard viewer and Firestorm would continue.

Coby Foden

[ Edited ]

Here is the story:
Ending support for the Phoenix Viewer

It's also good to know these facts about liquid mesh:
SL LIQUID MESH is it a Real Solution?

Just to avoid possible dissappointments in the future...

Dilbert Dilweg
Kudos: 303
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes Indeed . I dont think I said anything about firestorm . Phoenix will keep breaking as time rolls on

and like Coby says. caution on using generic methods of rigging as it could break also in the future...