Is the skin/cloth UV-Layout fixed or not ?

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi;

Maybe i have just missed one particular behaviour of Avatar skin/cloth textures over all the many years. Or maybe it slipped in with the new server side bake feature ?:

It appears like the Avatar UV layout is not as static as i thought.

Here is a little Video which demonstrates what i mean in detail:

Maybe someone who knows more details about this can explain what is going on behind the scenes...

Thanks

I doubt you're seeing anything new. I've seen avatar skin/clothing become distorted after certain  changes to the shape, including changing from female to male, which is corrected by relogging for quite a while; certainly before the run-up to SSA. Can't tell you what's going on but it doesn't look like anything new.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

I doubt you're seeing anything new...

It can very well be so that this behaviour is known since along time and it just never came to my attention. However now that i know about it, i am mostly interested to understand the technique behind this. And if we eventually can use (provide) a similar approach for custom meshes.

• 4 months later...

Old thread is old, but this feature was rattling in the back of my mind as documented somewhere.

And, as it turns out, old feature is old, really old. It was added in version 0.9.

Text/logos on clothing will stretch less and look better across a broader range of avatar body types. Previously text would become distorted but now texture UV maps are adjusted for each morph.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.