Importing a mesh Toddleedoo Avatar/Shape into Blender?

Laylienna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya, i need help knowing how to import a Toddleedoo MESH avatar into Blender so I could make clothes that fit my baby avatar? Also please don't say Avastar, I can not pay. Make it as simple sounding as possible, I'm horriable with these things lol. I really want to learn how to mesh, and importing my avatar has been on of my biggest issues. Also, please let me know if you have any good links on making clothes in blender, or tutorials on what is for what, or how to use what.  Etc. Im going to need all the hope I could get! Thanks so much. 

Laylienna wrote:

Hiya, i need help knowing how to import a Toddleedoo MESH avatar into Blender so I could make clothes that fit my baby avatar? Also please don't say Avastar, I can not pay. Make it as simple sounding as possible, I'm horriable with these things lol. I really want to learn how to mesh, and importing my avatar has been on of my biggest issues. Also, please let me know if you have any good links on making clothes in blender, or tutorials on what is for what, or how to use what.  Etc. Im going to need all the hope I could get! Thanks so much. 

I didn't think you could save mesh from your inventory to your hard drive. you would have to buy the mesh dae file from the creator and have them email it to you, open it in whatever mesh program you want and paint on it. save it as an obj and upload yourself.

As the others already stated, without illegal ripping methods (which we surely won't mention here ; )) there is no way of getting the mesh object to your computer.

So also Avastar would anyways not solve this fact for you. 

All you can do is in those cases ask the creator if they would like to provide you with the original 3 D Model File (DAE ,OBJ, FBX etc) to work with.

But in most cases the answer will be no. Because once you have it you could easily upload it again to SL with you being the creator, and sell it or do anything else you'd wish, which is surely n ot in the interest of the original creator.

Thus the only ways to create something for it, would be either (if you want to change its textures, and the mesh is 'modify' so you can apply own textures) to look at the already applied textures and draw new ones to place them on the mesh.

Or use regular Prims as 'size check' and create the dimensions of an object you'd like to create (i.e. a skirt) . And in your 3D program you simply stick to these sizes and scales (meters, centimeters) with the dress or attachment you are creating.

And do your uploads on the Betagrid, to check the *fit* and change the size or certain parts back and forth until it fits correctly.

(possibly you need to change your password once to update your Betagrid account so that the toddle avatar will be in your inventory there as well. In case your Betagrid account was created or updated long ago / or before you bought the toodle avatar)

To create a small rig , of the same size as the toddler avatar, and to weight these new objects too, it would also be best to measure the toddler avatars size in SL as well, and shrink your Armature in your 3 D program to this size. (and don't forget to include the weights and jointpositions in this case, when uploading your rigged attachment / dress)

Since you said you can't afford Avastar: A good armature to work with you can still find in the "avatar workbench" file from the avastar homepage. This is a free file and doesn't cost a dime. It includes male / and female skeleton to rig and and everything else needed to work with. 

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/ (be sure to download the right one for your blender version.)

Cheers!

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.