How do rigged High Heels work?

Lorilana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, 

I have a quick question regarding the rigging of mesh boots. When I import these into SL after rigging them, they poke through the floor. I tried to fix this with a shoe base but this only deforms the boots. So how does one properly rig them? do you have to have the boots sticking out beneath the y=0 (or z=0 in SL) plane (like I have in the picture), or does one have to rotate the joints to match the angle of the toes? I have also tried dragging the entire skeleton and boots up into the air so they don't stick out beneath, but the same thing happens. I am sorry if this is a stupid question, I don't have that much rigging experience, and this is my first rigged item to put in SL.

Here's a link to what I got so far (i couldnt figure out how to add an image to a post):
http://i.imgur.com/OD0QhCf.png

I hope you guys can give me some tips,

- Lori

I'm guessing you are doing it as fitted mesh (using the new cbones) if the boot is deforming when using a shoe base.  If so you can try and removing the cbone weights for the R_FOOT and L_FOOT.  That may solve the problem of not being able to use a shoe base.  Ive never tried making a fitted mesh shoe so I'm not sure if you could do anything else.  I just do normal rigging and use a shoe base if need be. 

Oh you could set the avatar hover to 51.  I sometimes have to get people to do this for some of my very high platforms.

Other than those ideas I dunno what else to suggest I'm sure someone else will chime in with more ideas. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.