Hexagon to blender for UV map then how to get back to hexagon?

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cant find my way back to the video which shows how to go from hexagon, into blender to create your UV map and then get all that back into Hexagon.

Ive got it unwrapped in blender and the file and the UVmap exported. the UVmap is a png and I exported the file as a OBJ so that I can re-import into hexagon. So then I open the file in Hexagon but I dunno what the next step is...do I import the UV map? and assuming thats yes how do I go that? I tried googling but I keep ending up with something other than what I need. and as a noob getting a bit frustrated as I know the problem is me not knowing the right thing to google. I had literally stumbled on the video that showed this whole process. thought Id bookmarked it but apparently not. thats what I get for trying to learn things at 3am.

Anyone know the video or can help or point me to anything Id appreciate it. 

Hexagon I love but not for UV mapping. Blender I hate but its easier to make a UV map nice and clean.

anyway this old lady noob appreciates all advice on this one.

Thanks in advance.

tenly

Just tried exporting a mesh from Blender to Hexagon as .obj file and the UV map was included when i opened it in Hexagon.

Just make sure that you have the Include UV's check box checked in the Blender export window :

export as obj.png

After you import into Hexagon, change to the  2 Vertical Views mode and when you select the mesh the UV's open in the second window.

Hexagon Duel view.png

What to do after that I have no idea  :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.