HELP!! Problem with tiny mesh object (Blender)

Intoxicate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a very small accessory in blender, its about the size of a ring band. Everything looks fine on the upload screen but once its actually uploaded, its slightly warped in size and I can't scale it on the axis that its borked on. What can i do to fix this?? 

I was told to link a box to it in blender but I've seen small mesh items like this without a box being linked to them. 

SBab7t8.png

hi :)

The minimum size in any of the x, y or z axis is 0.01meter (1cm). If you try to upload anything smaller than that the mesh will be stretched to that minimum dimension.

One way to get around this little problem is to add extra geometry in the axis which is being stretched so that the bounding box size is now more than 1cm in all axis. The extra geometry can be a simple little triangle which you give a separate material in Blender, then when rezzed in SL you select the triangle (Select Face) and set it to 100% transparent. One thing to note, this extra geometry has to be the same mesh Object as the main mesh for this to work :)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Mesh-and-sizes/m-p/1744979#M17893

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/When-exporting-from-blender-to-SL-how-to-reduce-to-make-a-tiny/m-p/2038219#M21886

There is a alternative method which doesn't need a separate material:

You make the Bounding box bigger by adding a large triangle from one corner of the bounding box to its diagonally opposite corner, then the third vertex of that triangle you move to the same position as one of the other two vertices,  but do not merge it. It will look like a single diagonal edge passing through approx. the center of your mesh but really be a very very thin triangle.

When rezzed in world this very thin triangle will not be seen at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.