Game art education?

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

UGH! if I wanted to learn how to create art, such as character modeling, digital content for games, NOT programming or designing games...where could I get that education? I tried googling but it keeps bringing me game design and engineering and that is NOT what I am interested in.

Online school is what I want..go at my own pace but a very thorough education in how to do 3d modeling to create characters and maybe how to animate. less interested in that at the moment.

I find a lot of tutorials online but they are either over the top advanced or leave no way to ask questions as you might in a classroom...though I dont want to go to a physical class and as I work fulltime I want to go at my own pace. 

My goal to be somewhere between hobbyist and selling my characters. Not to mention a cheaper way to get the software I want. educational copies affordable, non-educational...too expensive.

would be nice if such expensive programs had some kinda payment options. Mudbox 10 bucks a month is great but 3ds max at 185 and you never own either one...185 is way too high for simply learning how to use the tool.

Hi, as tools you should try blender it's a great software and its free!!!! you have there all you need for creating 3d art.
for training you should take a look at cgcookie.com, it has tons of courses and tutorials for blender.
Also you can try with digital tutors have a few but there are well done and super easy to follow, and once you learned the modeling techniques it´s super easy to switch from one software to another.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.