[Faces] Mesh

bruns Weezles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have done a simple panel that include 4 faces :

-.png

I am going to script it, but i would like to know if there is any way to choose the faces number.

Actually the faces are like this :

2.png

And i would like them to be like that (It would be way more easy for me to script it) :

3.png

Hi :)

The order of the faces in SL corresponds to the order in the material list of your 3D software (I use Blender and presume its the same in other programmes).

So   the first material in the List you assign to the face you want to be face ....     0 in SL

the second material in the list you assign to the face you want to be face ... 1 in SL

the third material in the list you assign to the face you want to be face ...      2 in SL     etc etc ...........

If you are ever going to script an object to respond to a touch on a specific face or a specific child prim, it's handy to have a simple utilty script to drop into it while you work.

default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        llSay(0,"Touched prim " + (string)llDetectedLinkNumber(0) + " on face " + (string) llDetectedTouchFace(0));    }}

The Linden Lab viewer doesn't tell you those bits of information and the Firestorm viewer gives the wrong answers too often, but that little script always works.  Of course, when you actually write your script you'll want to replace child prim numbers with names so you don't risk having the script screw up if you relink prims in a new order.  Face numbers always stay the same, though.  Once you've used this script to figure out which one is which, you're set for all time.  Then you can remove the script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.