Error importing mesh.

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm having problem importing a mesh file created in Blender 2.72. The object is a part of mesh building I work on. I uploaded other objects of the same building without any problem, but when I tried this object, I got the following message. Can anybody tell me why I get that message and what can be corrected to get my object upoaded?

Thank you.

Load error.png

ALSO for someone else reading this thread I have found that even small files that are not corrupt can get this message if the uploader simply can't figure out the file. For example I had a set of open stairs with risers and a metal support underneath. Nothing fancy. No railing or anything. Low tris. BUT when I tried to upload it along with what would be the invisible stair guard (to help people stay ON the stairs) it wouldn't upload. That was a simple angled cube. The minute I took that off (it uploaded fine by itself) all was well. There were only three materials in the complete file.

So all sorts of things can give that error message. It is difficult to pin it down.

Well, it's kinda funny, because i have the excact same problem.. The only difference is that it is not one object, it is everything..
Even backups of the .Blend file i made a month ago where nothing was wrong and everything was uploaded to sl now gives me that error message...

I have even reinstalled Blender, Updated blender, it ain't working... It says there is no mesh in the file, it is empty, even though it maybe is 598kb... And that is with objects backed up a month ago that was working 100%..

Well it is only a month of work gone if i can't fix that, no biggie...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.