Error: Material of Model Is Not A Subset Of Reference Model

Alexxis DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been uploading mesh since it has become available in SL. In the past week or so I have encountered this issue several times. Error: Material of Model Is Not A Subset Of Reference Model.

1. There is only one mesh, one object, no additional LODS. I auto generate LODS in the mesh upload menu.

2. There is only one standard material, only 1 face.

3. It is unrigged.

4. I have tried Reset Xform, Attached a simple mesh plane, exporting out of 3ds max 2012 into Maya as well as Zbrush 4R6 and exporting as various file types and then importing back into max, nothing is working. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Edit To Add: I had taken off the uvw map in zbrush, exported into 3ds max and it uploads. However, when I add another uvw map to the mesh, it fails to upload.

I mean..

Its pretty self explanatory.

You have  a material on your main model, And you're not using the same one/amount on your LOD

So if you have three materials on your original, but only two on your LOD, it causes issues.. Um..Delete all materials if you only need one face since that is how it will be applied wihtout anny materials. If you set a material and then made any other attachments to it , it could have set it to have two materials while your LOD has one. So just remove all materials and it should be good to go?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.