Creating Sizes using Avastar...?

AbbyRosseta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is your workflow or what do you suggest?

From my understanding, instead of importing the standard sizes available in the marketplace, I would change the sliders (Avastar Shape in the Object tab) to fit the measurements for each of the standard size shapes (XS, SMALL, MEDIUM,...ETC).

Note: I'm not interested in creating Fitted Mesh

You can do this manually as you descroibed. Or you can let the Viewer and Blender do the tedious part as follows:

• Get the Marketplace shapes into SL (as Avatar shapes)
  • For each shape create the Appearance to XML (shape files) You can do this with any viewer.
  • open Blender and create a new Avastar
  • Locate the Avatar Shape panel (in the Armature's Object properties, see image)

Now Setup the presets. You need to do this only once. As soon as the presets are defined you can recall them at any time from the Preset Selector (also after you restarted Blender). For each of the just stored XML Shapes you will do:

• Load the Shape File into your Avastar Rig
  • Store the Shape as new Preset

Image4.png

Once you have done this you have your Standard sizes defined as Blender Presets. Then in the future you can switch the Avastar shape to any of the Standard sizes in a snap (by selecting the appropriate Shape preset from the Avatar Shape panel).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.