Can't switch back to main menu

ZoraidaTsura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was doing a project where I had to make seams on an item. I was following the wiki instructions on how to unwrap the mesh to make UV maps, but somehow I messed up, and I cannot get out of the Uv Mapping menu. I cannot get myself out and it is still there when I exit and reload blender.. please help me, I do not know how to get back to the main menu. Any advice?

Sometimes you will find that Blender is not behaving. This can happen after you have been experimenting with enabling/disabling some of the many buttons that are all over the place in Blender, or even because you accidentally used the wrong keyboard shortcut along the way.

In cases like that what you can try is Save your mesh and then reload Blender with its default settings so it opens the same as when you first opened  Blender :

File > Load Factory Settings

and then open  the mesh you were working on with the default UI ( User Interface ) :

File > Open ....

uncheck UI.png

Or an even simpler solution may be to copy / paste your mesh into a new file :

Select your mesh and copy with Ctrl + C to "copy selected objects to buffer"

Then open a new file and paste it in :

File > New > Reload Startup File   then  Ctrl + V  to "Paste objects from buffer"  

If the original mesh had been UV unwrapped  the pasted in mesh will also include that as well.

If you don't  immediately see the pasted in mesh have a look for it on one of the other layers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.