Bug/Problem for Mesh Objects

Samm Varnish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So when I make my object in mesh and then I upload it as a .dae, I usually don't worry about textures until later.

But I ran into a problem which seems quite discerning and am wondering if anybody knows about why when I put my UVmapped texture onto the object, it gives me a bunch of lines.. See for yourself. :/

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/chineseengineer/?action=view&current=WhatsWrong.jpg

The link is safe, fyi. Anyway, I uvmapped the object properly, no overlaying no problems with it. I created the object by box modeling and I'm using 3DS Max. Although the program I'm using shouldn't have anything to do with it I would think.

Please help. :<

Of course I'm guessing, but it looks to me like you don't actually have any uv mapping on the model. I'm not a Max pro, but it is my experience that I have to create and apply the material on the model before the UV mapping will take affect. Simply creating the UV mapping without applying the material, ends in the model not having a UV map. This is just my experience with 3ds Max 8. Goto Material Editor, the 1 with the 4 balls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.