Blender 2.62 with Secondlife support

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes and adding to it, if you want to call it nonsense in the first place. If people are only interested int he notice, it's the very first post and it will be on top of the thread forever. This is a forum, not a newspaper or messageboard. Forum means discussion. I think I've picked up as many things here in posts not about the original subject of the thread as I did in posts on the subject. Now if it derails a thread it can be very annoying, I agree, but this thread was just a message.

i just happened to click on the last post to make a general statement, not directing my reply to her at all.

i think what linda said(2nd poster) was pointless, it had as much to do with the topic as the price of tea in china.

yes we can be off topic but at the same time some off topic stuff is dumb, like taking an announcement about blender to bash LL. there is nothing to what they and others said. dae is fine, if anyone doesn't like it they can work in any format. dae works fine inworld. there is no point to it other than bashing LL for no reason.

that was what was in my mind when i replied.

Ah in that case I couldn't agree more... Linda takes every opportunity to say LL is worthless and their viewers get from bad to worse and that SL needs a brand new gaming computer to function at all. It's not just this thread. I'd rather listen to your Chinese tea adventures....

But you were replying to Chosen's post, that confused me to say the least.

• 1 month later...

ow help?????

im a beginner and i want to know  howe can i  make  a uv map, from my  object i make in  Blender 2.62.

Do i need  to install Collada.

Ihave seen many  tuttorials but  i dont get my table out of blender into Secons Life.

Please  who can help me out

greetings Brit  Zeminoba

No, you do not need to install any extra addon.  Blender has all you need out of the box.

I am currently creating a tutorial series for absolute beginners. The first 3 parts are already available here:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/category/mesh/quests/coffee-cups/

That should help you to get your table out of Blender and into Second Life.

Ok Gaia,

Thats going  great but now  i have the problem  that when i s  want to download  the dea file,

nnamed so it shut be, i get  the line:

You dont be aloud  to upload mesh models :womansad:

I have the last Phoenix version.

greetings brit

p.s the  tutorials are great good job

Brit Zeminoba wrote:

Ok Gaia,

Thats going  great but now  i have the problem  that when i s  want to download  the dea file,

nnamed so it shut be, i get  the line:

You dont be aloud  to upload mesh models :womansad:

I have the last Phoenix version.

greetings brit

p.s the  tutorials are great good job

To upload mesh, you have to have "payment information on file", and you have to take the "Mesh IP Tutorial". Read the information under "Prerequisites" on the following link: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Uploading-a-mesh-model/ta-p/974185

Only the first 3 videos are published. The next one will be ready in about 10-14 days and i try to publish the follow up videos as one per week approximately. the entire series is planned to be 15 videos all together (each one about 5-8 minutes) Sorry for taking so long, but i need the time especially because i can no longer work on them fulltime.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.