Avastar Avatar Marvelous Designer

MIstahMoose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So theres this http://blog.machinimatrix.org/3d-creation/blender-meshes-trail/sl-default-avatar-for-marvelous-designer/

Which gives a great avatar to work with in MD, unlike the T-pose avatar

but, the problem is proceeding to rig it up with fitted mesh in avastar, since its T-pose.

Now you can do "Alter to rest pose" but that makes things sincerely difficult and ends up with poor results most of the time..

Is there another MD fitted mesh avatar for avastar? Or Is it best to just keep strugglign with the T-pose avatar in MD

The function "Alter to Rest pose" has a few bad properties, especially because it relies on perfect weights on the mesh. But you typically do not have an already weighted mesh when you rig. As a workaround you can do something like this:

• bend your avastar model into an A Pose
  • Apply the pose as rest pose
  • rig your mesh as if it where in T-pose
  • weight the mesh as usual
  • Bend the armature into T-Pose
  • Apply the armature modifier
  • delete the Avastar
  • create a new Avastar and assign your mesh to the avastar (use the weight option "keep")

This is a bit tricky and therefore i am working on something to remove the alter to Rest Pose function, allow rigging in any pose, and finally add a function for "Convert to T-Pose" . hmmm...

I've never actually used the "Alter to rest pose" feature or even tried rigging in a different pose, but I don't understand how it can end in bad results, other than that being because of user error or skill. Are you trying to rigged it for fitted mesh in something other than a Tpose? I would think that what you would need to do is first rig the avatar with classic weights, then move the avatar to a Tpose, and then rig it for Fitted mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.