What's The Current State Of The SL Economy

vincent Dallagio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

vincent Dallagio wrote:

How are the Anshe Chung's of the SL world doing, and what industries are on the upswing/have maintained their dominance. 

This thread is meant to kick off a discussion about the state of the SL economy in 2015. 

Quite frankly I don't know how we could begin to have an even half way inteligent conversation about this because Linden Lab stopped publishing the economic Data for SL back in 2010.

The only raw data you will find is published by Tyche Shepherd.  You can see the daily activity on the Lindex and the size (number of Regions) of SL  http://gridsurvey.com/

As to what "industries" are on the upswing/have maintained their dominance people are still doing the same things in SL they've been doing for years.  But any judgements as to what's hot and what's not will be anecdotal.  The only really new thing is mesh body parts.  There is a growing market for mesh hands, feet and bodies.  But it is still a niche category.

And lastly, I doubt if Ansche or others at her level would come here and discuss how they are doing. 

It's a nice topic but no one has any real information to go by.

Hey.

Here's what I know.

My personal (surrounds and niche products and some prefabs) business has picked up as we move into 2015.

The empty land in my sim (almost all empty mainland) went up for action this week, sold and a huge chunk is on the market for 10,000 (I can remember selling a 512 for twice that amount LOL).

So land is down but business -- for me anyway  -- seems good to stable.

I will say that the stats on my fashion blog are down so since I am posting as always and with pretty much the same designers that leads me to believe that "fashion and homewares" might be taking a hit.

My presumption and it is only that is that most buyers are OLD and many have lots of stuff. So for them to buy (or even shop) something needs to be very different and fill a spot in their inventory that is vacant.

That's my input.

Chic Aeon wrote:

Hey.

Here's what I know.

My personal (surrounds and niche products and some prefabs) business has picked up as we move into 2015.

The empty land in my sim (almost all empty mainland) went up for action this week, sold and a huge chunk is on the market for 10,000 (I can remember selling a 512 for twice that amount LOL).

So land is down but business -- for me anyway  -- seems good to stable.

I will say that the stats on my fashion blog are down so since I am posting as always and with pretty much the same designers that leads me to believe that "fashion and homewares" might be taking a hit.

My presumption and it is only that is that most buyers are OLD and many have lots of stuff. So for them to buy (or even shop) something needs to be very different and fill a spot in their inventory that is vacant.

That's my input.

I watch the Merchants Forum and it's a constant mix.  One person is down and another is up and no one really seems to make rhyme or reason of it.

My circle of friends are very minimalist when it comes to MESH clothes and clothing purchases are fewer because there is less new non-mesh clothes being made.  And you're right, there are not a lot of new things being made we need in general.

abandoned Mainland is another issue.  My remembrance from Tyche's Survey was it was around 12% but now is up to almost 14%.  Linden Homes are a factor.  It's been over a year since I last did the math but at the time according to my calculations if every one was to move from a Linden Home to the Mainland their wasn't enough abandoned land to absorb them all.

According to Tyche net region loss last year was about 670 SIMs or about 3.5%.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.