Selling Items on Marketplace

Reese Firanelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK I went a little nuts at the Gacha Arcade and have multiples of almost everything I bought. So I set up a store on the Marketplace to resell these items.

Problem: It keeps telling me error unsellable items when I try to upload them. Now I know that people sell their gacha items on the marketplace as I have bought some, so what am I doing wrong? I checked permissions and all items are transferable. Any help would be appreciated.

Are they transfer but no copy permission items?

If so, this is because Linden Lab has given up on development of Marketplace and thus prematurely ended the migration project to Direct Delivery which was the most important piece of work for Marketplace at the time (as we were told).

In order to sell these items, you will need to use a Magic Box here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Xstreet-SL-Magic-Box/36791?

You should also create a JIRA (not that it won't be done but just out of principle).  If the error is that an item is "unsellable" that is misleading.  The error should say "We're so sorry but we couldn't be bothered to finish the Direct Delivery project.  Your item cannot be uploaded but IS sellable but you will need to use a Magic Box".

While the Magic Box for no copy items is definitely correct.

I suggest you put your items at a public (or pay) Arcade Resale space. There is one really big and popular one but not sure if we are supposed to recommend here. You can find a big list at Seraphim .

Here is the full list:  http://seraphimsl.com/2014/08/31/the-yardsale-list-sep-nov-2014/

Folks don't want to buy items on the Market because of the "empty box syndrome". In world you can see that there is a product in the box, AND anyone being dishonest will get banned so that gives folks a sense of security. I have had very good luck there mostly buying but a couple of times selling back things I thought I wanted and decided I didn't :D.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.