Sellers get ripped off by Market Place and Lindens won't help!

Hiya Honi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

In less than 10 minutes and letting Blizzard know what LL had done (a few jokes on both sides at LL's expense, because Blizzard support is always "fun" and prompt and generally solves any problem in a single support call, doesn't send you off with no solution and doesn't suggest filing a bug report as a support tool).

So Blizzard says "yeah, we generally don't get couples and family accounts flagged, we understand multiple accounts under one card".

While it will be sorted out today, Blizzard says "Here's what we'll do, we'll give both of your accounts 5 free days so you can get it sorted out and the 5 days will get you through the holiday weekend, because we understand you'll want to be enjoying your game through we weekend. Enjoy! May you earn tons of loot!".

And that my dear LL ... is how it's done.

That brings tears to my eyes, it's so beautiful.

And really underscores how inured to LL's horrible support I have become -- and here I was thinking I was really conscious how bad it was. I just could not conceive of a game company with good support, I guess.

Thanks for sharing your story,  Dartagan.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

So V2 being the disaster that it turned out to be, LL turns around and admits this, fires M Linden and over 1/3 of the employees in a really tacking display of Phil Rosedale announcing this at SLBB and coming in like a white knight to save the day.

Hmmz, I never have seen it like this, the M. was fired for the V2 disaster.

In my idea was that he was hired to make this SL behind the firewall for corporations a succes, and that project failed like nothing had failed before.

But looking backwards, I doubt. I think he might as well been hired to do the dirty job for Philip, who's compagny has grown him above the head, and where sooner or later people have to be fired. When you start small and devellop a succesful idea with some geek friends, and it grows most likely the twork of friends. But it grows too fast in a short time. party because Philip does a great job in promoting the platform in the media. (the next big thing: 3d internet, we envision the future). But he does not do a great job on the internal organisation of the compagny. It simply grew too big for his idea about how he wanted to work with people (use your talent, do your own projects, do it with passion, and send each other love points for well done jobs).  It might work in smaller settings for a while, but not for a compagny of this size.

When it became clear that SL behind the firewall was not going to bring the next ship of gold, the workpower, that it would be need to support it when it would have been a succes, became supernumerary. It was for M to do that job, because Philip just couldn't.

Wauw it's a miracle this post has not be removed.

First of all i am terrible sorry you are experiencing difficulties, your story sounds familiar. In my case it has nothing to do with Market Place. I am victim of fraud by my ex real estate owner. Report Abuse by me and my clients didn't work out. They gave me the same answer upon i've decided to contact the chat support.

It is not the first time the support team disappointed me.

TOS this, TOS that but if it comes to basics they keep on failing. Now i know  Linden Lab's support is poor and I have taken my own measures to protect my business.

To save money you cut in the support, that is what businesses do and in this case too.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

All told though, I'm actually still pro SL.

We all are lovey, we wouldn't be here otherwise.  The thing we'rve stopped doing is giving LL the benefit of the doubt.  Did you ever see that Japanese game show called endurance?  That's us more than anything, I think.

That's certainly true, didn't mean to elude that we're not all here because we don't support the world, although probably not the company itself at this point.

Haven't seen that show but will try to look it up later today, sounds fitting.

So just when you thought it was over with my card issue and paying for the premium accounts? Noooooo ...

So after paying LL to re-up 2 annual premium accounts and a 3rd quarterly account LL flags that card we payed with and we can't use it until we call the card company.

Probably caught by the fraud prevention for paying for multiple premiums under a single card.

But let me repeat that so that it sinks in ... AFTER they take our money, it's flagged as potential fraud. Not BEFORE they take the money, but AFTER.

Busted.

But this cloud has a silver lining, although it doesn't belong to LL.

So how do we find this out? Because we're playing WoW (which is not stressful and likely to hit you with bugs at every turn for entertainment) and we both get booted out of WoW at the same time as billing on the card kicks in for the Blizzard accounts.

So we call the card company, find out it was LL that flagged it, get it unflagged and then go back to Blizzard to explain the situation.

In less than 10 minutes and letting Blizzard know what LL had done (a few jokes on both sides at LL's expense, because Blizzard support is always "fun" and prompt and generally solves any problem in a single support call, doesn't send you off with no solution and doesn't suggest filing a bug report as a support tool).

So Blizzard says "yeah, we generally don't get couples and family accounts flagged, we understand multiple accounts under one card".

While it will be sorted out today, Blizzard says "Here's what we'll do, we'll give both of your accounts 5 free days so you can get it sorted out and the 5 days will get you through the holiday weekend, because we understand you'll want to be enjoying your game through we weekend. Enjoy! May you earn tons of loot!".

And that my dear LL ... is how it's done.

Not by holding a premium account and its inventory hostage until you cough up the cash.

I mean god forbid that I would have gone tooling around in an unauthorized premium sailboat or dune buggy until you got paid!

Also, in RL when a company botches things like this on a professional level, my company turns around and sends them a bill.

In RL, I'd be sending LL a bill for the partial handling of their mess.

Amateurs.

Edited to clarify that it was 3 premium accounts, not 2.

THIS ^^^

*cough cough get your own blog dangit cough cough*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

and how much do you pay blizzard a month?  A damn sight less than you pay these monsters I bet but then that's the difference between a company that's thriving and LL.

WoW costs $14.99 USD/mo to play and, like Dart said, their customer service is AMAZING!!!!

Right, also took advantage of last years deal, so by agreeing to pay the next 12 months I also got one of their other games, Diablo III for free. And that one comes with no monthly fees.

And I got the second game on good faith, not by pre-payment. And some Diablo III perks. And a special edition mount for WoW.

Had I backed out of the agreement by missing a month, I would have only lost access to Diablo III and the special mount. No other "penalties".

This last LL error that affected my card would not have counted against that 12 month agreement.

Another interesting comparison is that both of those games include auction houses that move massive amounts of virtual goods per day in game items. One of them allows selling and cashing out game items for real money.

While not exactly the same as LL and the marketplace, there are millions of deliveries and transactions, with little to no errors. Diablo III auction house first had problems when it came out. Within a few months most of the bugs were fixed and it is now stable.

@Couldbe That show was indeed eerily fitting, heheh.

Forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolates.".

We say: "Second Life is like being force fed bloody eggs and something that tastes like battery acid through a plastic tube.".

I think we'd be ok if the food were better.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story,  Dartagan.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

So V2 being the disaster that it turned out to be, LL turns around and admits this, fires M Linden and over 1/3 of the employees in a really tacking display of Phil Rosedale announcing this at SLBB and coming in like a white knight to save the day.

Hmmz, I never have seen it like this, the M. was fired for the V2 disaster.

In my idea was that he was hired to make this SL behind the firewall for corporations a succes, and that project failed like nothing had failed before.

But looking backwards, I doubt. I think he might as well been hired to do the dirty job for Philip, who's compagny has grown him above the head, and where sooner or later people have to be fired. When you start small and devellop a succesful idea with some geek friends, and it grows most likely the twork of friends. But it grows too fast in a short time. party because Philip does a great job in promoting the platform in the media. (the next big thing: 3d internet, we envision the future). But he does not do a great job on the internal organisation of the compagny. It simply grew too big for his idea about how he wanted to work with people (use your talent, do your own projects, do it with passion, and send each other love points for well done jobs).  It might work in smaller settings for a while, but not for a compagny of this size.

When it became clear that SL behind the firewall was not going to bring the next ship of gold, the workpower, that it would be need to support it when it would have been a succes, became
supernumerary. It was for M to do that job, because Philip just couldn't.

Oh no, I don't think M got canned because of V2 alone, just that the SLBB incident seemed about as staged as it could get and the biggest outcry at the time was about V2, so it appeased the populace somewhat. Which I suppose we needed but not in that way.

As near as I can tell, he either caused too many waves internally or his plan in general spent a lot of money and didn't pan out.

Agree Phil did have the touch with the media. But as is common enough and something he admitted to, that most of the time entrepreneurs make lousy CEO's. I think he tried to wear that CEO hat again when he came back and also said he felt more seasoned this time around to lead the company but then seemed to bail after a few months until they found Rod.

Who knows? I wish him luck in everything but breedables.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.