Review notifications failing

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This keeps happening. I am not getting all review notifications. This is very bad because I like to thank those who take the time to leave nice reviews, and I want to flag those that give one star because, for example, they thought the house was fully furnished even tho the listing says 'NO FURNITURE IS INCLUDED". 

I will make a JIRA and post the link here.  

I have noticed this, but only a couple of times. The same goes for sales notifications - there has been the occasional day where they're many hours late, or don't show up at all. Could it be excessive load or downtime on a mail server?

Thankfully CasperVend keeps track of sales, so that's not a big deal.

IvanBenjammin wrote:

Could it be excessive load or downtime on a mail server?

Doubtful, it is a problem that has existed the entire time the MP has existed. Even after they said they'd already fixed this issue, it has remained. The reliability of "review has been left" messages is nearly non-existant for some people, and hit or miss for most of the others-from speaking with other merchants that is(and reading these forums, among others, when it happens).

The entire review notifcation system is about as reliable as the review system itself, lol.

Sales notifications I ahve had a few misses, but most of those go through just fine. Review messages, for me, are nearly non-existant. 

Hello.

I did have billing information on file, but I had to get a new card.

Now, for several months now, I've been trying to update my information & I keep getting a temporary error message. 

TEMPORARY?? It's been several moths.

I'm a land owner & this complicates things. 

How do I get it so my information is accepted?

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me a few times as well Pamela, I dont know exactly how many but a few time si got a customer comment telling me they had review, i checked and they did, and never got a mail, please let me know the JIRa you open so I vote.

I opened two JIRAS myself today, one for the well known bug that today is one year old, where the people who purchases as GIFT in MP cant leave any review, not the buyer, not the reciver, and another one with the same years old problem, freebies in MP, please vote as well if you feel affected by this as well!

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8275

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8276

• 8 months later...

Aargh. This is still happening. I didn't get email notices for several low-score reviews in the last few weeks, and this means I didn't get a chance to address the issues for my customers.

(Please don't leave customer service notes in a review. IM us in-world instead. Apparently we'll never see your request/feedback.)

Sorry to necro post but I needed to vent. As a Marketplace-only merchant, this is very frustrating to me. :matte-motes-angry:

• 4 months later...

This was fixed for a while, now I see I am getting reviews without email notifications again. 

I think it is so rude for someone to take the time to write a wonderful review, and not receive a thank you! LL is making me seem like one of these rude ppl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.