Requesting new Marketplace category for Gacha items

Karyn Vaher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In recent times the used category on the Marketplace has become increasingly flooded with gacha items. While this is technically a correct category for listing these, and I do not fault anyone for doing so, they really warrant a distinct category from traditional second hand non-gacha items as more and more residents pile on and list gacha in that category.

I'll offer the example of breedables offspring, which are technically also a used item, but have their own categories as it makes sense for the obvious benefit of buyers and sellers.

I have no problem with gacha items, anything that provides new fun activities for residents and merchants is great in my book. However, gacha "yard sales" in-world have, as an unfortunate side effect, practically buried the traditional style of second hand sales in-world due to the mass adoption of "yard sale" and related keywords by the thriving gacha resale community. As a result, this increases the significance of the Marketplace's Used items category as a way to reasonably locate or sell traditional second hand items.

• 9 months later...

100% agree!

My emotional response is that Gachas are a sick plight on the world and should be eradicated like any disease.

My business response is yes, the need to have their own category for the simplereason they clog up the categories genuine creators and merchants use to sell their wares. An analogy would be a designer running a RL store and having someone set up a flea market inside your store selling similiar cheap items imported from some 3rd world country.

Genuine merchants, by this  I mean individuals who spend  time, money, and thought in creating actually contribute to the SL world with new items, full outfits, and full builds. Gacha sellers to me are no better than carnys flogging the stuffed toy from their games to the general public.  .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.