Real Life Item

Ne0 Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah. No. That wouldn't be allowed under the Community Guidelines.

• Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

• 1 month later...

do you know what is the limitation or what make this is not working in SL?

As far as im concern, all payment even thought were made through the SL currency, but in the same time, we can actually put instruction on them to pay in Paypal?

I mean, we buy items in SL which will be delivered in RL as well.

I wonder what are the limitations for this type of business?

Here ya go...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Buying_and_selling_real-life_items_in_Second_Life

ETA: The reason, well one major reason, it does not typically work is because people are wary, as well they should be, of giving out their rl information to strangers in sl. One should always be cautious of who they give their rl information to over the net, and why they give that information to. The other major reason....there is no interest. People have tried, most have failed, more likely due to the lack of interest. Though I am sure there are other reasons as well.

Ne0 Nirvana wrote:

do you know what is the limitation or what make this is not working in SL?

As far as im concern, all payment even thought were made through the SL currency, but in the same time, we can actually put instruction on them to pay in Paypal?

I mean, we buy items in SL which will be delivered in RL as well.

I wonder what are the limitations for this type of business?

There is no limitation from a technical viewpoint.  The limitation comes from residents themselves.  Years ago a famous athletic shoe maker built a big store in SL.  They sold SL models of their RL shoes with the option that you could also have the shoes delivered to you in RL.  Not only did they not sell many SL shoes, they sold just a tiny bit of RL shoes. This is how it went for all RL companies trying to sell RL products in SL back in the days when SL was the darling of the press and companies felt they had to be in here or be left behind.

Marketing studies done at the time found out that

• Residents in SL want to pay their money to SL businesses for their SL things, not some big corporation.
  • Residents in SL are escaping from RL and don't want RL intruding into their SL so most of them stayed away from stores that sold RL products.

Thanks for the informations that Tari Landar & Amethyst Jetaime gave.

I've read the link btw, and I would totally understand the risk.

I wish I could explain the real situation and the market flows here in my country on e-commerce business.

But thanks for all those useful info that I can keep as my resource in future. :))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.