Question video in MP product description

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

Someone offered me to make videos of some of my products so I could then use them to better show my products when shopping on MP. I like the idea so far. She showed me she upload her vids on a machinima website and when looking at some of the videos there i noticed sometimes before the actual video starts, a 5 sec ad would start. The ad is very adult if you see what i mean. My products are adult to so I'm not too shocked but I woulld like to know if linden lab has something against it.

Anyone knows?

I can't imagine that being too wise, seeing as you're linking to external sites with adult content.

You've kinda got to hope that the ad's stay in line with LL's definitions of acceptable content - and if they're advertising non-SL (or RL) services... I can't imagine that ending well. There's pitfalls if LL think you're using MP to promote RL goods/services aaaaand if you're trying to sneak adult content through filters (even accidentally).

Whole load of potential hot water. With this business plan you assume all of the risk - that's likely intentional.

It's not unknown for scams to operate on this principle - you sponsor the creation of marketing materials and then they deviate heavily from what you expect. With you assuming all of the financial risk AND costs/risks involved in doing the marketing, they're free to scoop traffic from the incoming streams to media they control. You get some drivel created by boiler-room staff with no interest in your products.

It'd be safer using a non-LL-operated website if this was something you wanted to do. Or go in reverse, have them land on the video and make their way back to Marketplace? That pushes some of the marketing back at the producer.

I'd tread very carefully.

On the basis that LL had for far too long, spammed Google ads on their MP pages served to residents, ads over which they could not control the content, it would be somewhat hypocritical to then make a fuss over a third party site, over which they have no control, to which they advocate a facility in a listing, for the sole purpose of linking to a video!

Personally, I'd just link to the video but then that's my nature at times.

LL have their own catchall with the usual "LL is not responsible for content delivered by third party sites"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.