Please, I need help from the English speaking community

Watsoon Steampunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello magic merchants :)

I sell several textures of lawn and bush at my MarketPlace store and they remain "Mature" classified whatever I do. While I don't have any warning from the employees in charge of the MarketPlace, I suppose the problem is due to the keywords...

So my question is ; does anyone could tell me which words could classify the items as Mature among :

"ground, lawn, backyard, grass, garden, green, park, yard, plot, terrace, grassplot, turf, pitch, field, English, terrain, bush, country club, golf course, landscape, football, baseball, tennis, hockey"

Thank you in advance and apologize for my bad English !

Watsoon

Watsoon Steampunk wrote:  ...   I suppose the problem is due to the keywords...

So my question is ; does anyone could tell me which words could classify the items as Mature among :

"ground, lawn, backyard, grass, garden, green, park, yard, plot, terrace, grassplot, turf, pitch, field, English, terrain, bush, country club, golf course, landscape, football, baseball, tennis, hockey"

I suppose the filtering could be aggressive enough to be not liking "grass" or "grassplot".   

I'd try eliminating those two first.   If it's still objecting, then remove "bush".

All innocent words, and all examples of what the problem is with overly aggressive filtering.

Good luck!

Edit:   I wasn't even thinking of the drug link, but Phoebe may well be correct.   I was thinking it might be seeing "part" of the word "grass" and taking it in a sexual context.   "Bush" could face that same connection, unfortunately.

First thank you all for your answers

I applied your advice on the "Tiled lawn or bush 1.1" : I removed grass, grassplot, bush and also turf (refering to a money game ?) but it still remains Mature.

Then I removed all the keywords and it is classified PG then. So it might be an other word : mystery of the day ... :matte-motes-grin:

Anyway thank you everyone and have a good time !

Watsoon

Watsoon Steampunk wrote:

Hello magic merchants
:)

I sell several textures of lawn and bush at my MarketPlace store and they remain "Mature" classified whatever I do. While I don't have any warning from the employees in charge of the MarketPlace, I suppose the problem is due to the keywords...

Thank you in advance and apologize for my bad English !

Watsoon

I would drop most of those keywords anyway as they are not relevant to a grass texture. It is spam and unfair to anyone searching for, say, a football.

Watsoon Steampunk wrote:

My wild guess; either one or many of these:

grass - contains "ass"

grassplot - contains "ass"

pitch - is similar to "**bleep**" <-- I guess it is obvious to all what this **bleep** is what the forum software changed.

bush - rhymes with "tush"

football - contains "ball"

baseball - contains "ball"

Yes, the secret word listing can be this crazy and is so too.  :smileyfrustrated:

Please don't use keyword spam!

You're selling lawn and bush textures. Those don't necessarily relate to any sport, and there a couple of other keywords that can be misleading. It's preferred that you only use words that relate directly to what you're selling.

Besides that, since you said you've already removed all keywords, add the relevant words back one at a time. Save each time before adding the next word, until the rating goes up.

The "offensive" keyword is "pitch". Don't ask me why. Perhaps someone at the Lab is allergic to baseball.

I have listed an arcade game named "PitchBall". Several weeks ago its maturity level was puzzlingly raised to Moderate due to keywords. there were only a few keywords there so I went by trial and error. As soon as I removed "pitch" as a keyword the rating was restored to General.

Ela Talaj wrote:

The "offensive" keyword is "pitch". Don't ask me why. Perhaps someone at the Lab is allergic to baseball.

I have listed an arcade game named "PitchBall". Several weeks ago its maturity level was puzzlingly raised to Moderate due to keywords. there were only a few keywords there so I went by trial and error. As soon as I removed "pitch" as a keyword the rating was restored to General.

Its bordering on insanity that we have to guess this list that someone deemed fit to make but not share.

Pitch? Really? 

It's an absolute joke. 

The least they could do is when the page refreshes and it makes grades it "A" is highlight the words that triggered that grading and allow us to see and/or replace them. That way, we are actually learning what keywords are considered inappropriate, even if we don't agree or understand.

I can tell you from watching people use my in world search terminals which are linked to my website, that the words people type when they are looking for something can be really quite bizarre.

A typical example would be someone wanted red wallpaper, so they type "red" (?) I am not sure if people knew they can use more than one key word.

Anyway, no search system is perfect but the MP borders on laughable when it comes to this Adult Mature and General classification...  

• 2 weeks later...

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Ela Talaj wrote:

The least they could do is when the page refreshes and it makes grades it "A" is highlight the words that triggered that grading and allow us to see and/or replace them.
That way, we are actually learning what keywords are considered inappropriate, even if we don't agree or understand.

Sorry I know it's not a new thread...but the part I bolded would only be possible if "the list" never changed, or was even remotely consistant. It does change, frequently, and is rarely consistant. A word that is "innocent"(lack of better terminology on my part) can easily be seen as adult one day, general the next. I have had it happen numerous times.

Personally, I shrug it off now. As annoying as it is..and we ALL know it is...what on earth can we do about it? We've complained since day one, to no avail. So, some, at least I know I have, content creators have simply chosen to deal with the cluster-flock o' crap we've been handed by the MP team as far as their naughty word list is concerned. It's much easier to deal with it, then stew, because it is obvious(maybe not to some?) they aren't fixing this issue...period, nor will they explain the list.

My name has triggered an adult rating, numbers, the word hat...my list of words that trigger either removal or a different rating is mind boggling when coupled with words others have discussed. Just take a wee search of the forums and you'll see...There is nearly nothing predictable about the list. I've seen words that ARE adult in nature(and some pretty bad ones too) that never trigger removal or a rating flag. Sl's funny like that, I spose....Or I'm just odd enough to laugh at it by this point..who knows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.