Perms change when I pass something

Arielle Simondsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a free givaway in memory of robin williams to put out in my shop, basically set it to sell contents for 0L.  a friend wanted to put one out at a club she goes to, but no matter what I set the perms at to pass the items to her, she could not do anything with it.  I set it to full perms and she was going to reset the perms and rez it, but couldnt mod it at all.  the items are all my creations and I have full perms on them.  how can I donate something to a cause if I cant pass it along and let someone rez it out for people to get copies, without the perms changing?  I even tried giving her edit and mod rights to my items and that didnt work either. 

thanks!!

Arielle Simondsen wrote:

well I had them to copy/no mod/no trans, but that didnt work for her so I set it to full perms and she was going to set the perms and rez it out but it wouldnt let her, even with full perms, and even when I gave her permission to edit my items.  she kept saying it was all no copy/no mod/no trans.

If the items and contents were all full perm when you gave them to her, I have no clue why they would change perms.In the distant past there were some bugs that caused things to change perms but it has been a long time since I heard of anything like that.

I dont see how her being able to edit your items would have any effect on her being able to edit her own items.

I've had this happen.  I've also had something I created own and never passed to anyone tell me I had no perms, but a couple of hours later it's ok.  It's an old bug and the effects seem to come and go.  Usually if I set the item I want to pass for zero, and the other person buys it, it passes ok., but not always.  Usually its just a matter of waiting a day and it goes through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.