Payment Info Used for Marketplace - update?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I noted a long conversation on a group I am in about more ripped products and that got me wondering about the "upcoming" change that was "from a reliable Linden source" sometime back.

The idea if I remember correctly was that Marketplace sellers would need Payment info USED or a Premium account in order to sell on the Marketplace. 

Right now as far as I can tell (asking friends) old accounts with NPIOF are still up there. My alt cannot make a Marketplace site even though she is listed as Payment Info Used in her profile. It asked her for a bank account etc.

So WAS there a "summer change"? Is it just blocking NEWLY MADE Marketplace stores?  That seems of little use really. If there is a new rule I don't see how the old stores selling ripped items should be grandfathered in as they are certainly not legal.

Not complaining about putting bank account in again -- my alt doesn't need a store anyway; that was just a test.

Anyone have more info on this?

there are two kinds of payment info now. one only matters for the marketplace purchases now, it means that any payment method, including linden dollars, has been set up for that avatar. this is what shows up in web profiles.

the other kind of payment info is real payment info, like a credit card or Paypal. this is the "traditional" payment info on file that lets you get to restricted parcels inworld tc. and this is the one that is now the gateway to creating a marketplace shop.

for a short time last year, the weaker form of payment info was used for MP store eligibility, but now the old version is used.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

there are two kinds of payment info now. one only matters for the marketplace purchases now, it means that any payment method, including linden dollars, has been set up for that avatar. this is what shows up in web profiles.

the other kind of payment info is real payment info, like a credit card or Paypal. this is the "traditional" payment info on file that lets you get to restricted parcels inworld tc. and this is the one that is now the gateway to creating a marketplace shop.

for a short time last year, the weaker form of payment info was used for MP store eligibility, but now the old version is used.

Which seems to make even having PIOF listed in the profile worthless.

Though I'm not sure why it was ever listed there in the first place.

At best it tells you they purchased something on the MP with $L.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Though I'm not sure why it was ever listed there in the first place.

C'mon, everyone *knows* it's there only to identify griefers because griefers never have PIOF (I'd insert an eye roll emoticon but it appears that we don't have one, it's probably considered adult for some reason only known to LL)

(For those unable to detect liberal doses of dripping sarcasm...don't take this too seriously)

OK. Thanks folks. Something is apparently not working correct (gasp!)

My alt has always been able to get into adult parcels with the payment info tag on them. She actually has a store in one now.

The article of last Nov (so this isn't what I was actually talking about as this was supposed to happen THIS summer) states to look at the mesh upload status to see if your payment info is met.

IT IS and she indeed uploaded mesh.

But I went again to the Marketplace and while it says in the beginning that she qualifies -- when you click on "create my store" it ask you to put in a paypal or credit card "for how you will be paying". Obviously we didn't do this in the old days, but whatever the plan may be it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

So I won't worry about it. Obviously this isn't going to help all that much with the theft. Oh well.

Appreciate your time and energy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.