One Way You Can Increase Sales of Clothing

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I follow several SL fashion blogs.  Often, I see an item on one that I want to buy.  I then go to the store it came from to do so.  I often have difficulty finding it.  Sometimes it's so hard that I just give up, and the merchant loses what would have been a sure sale, just because she didn't make an item that received favorable publicity easy to find.  I know, you don't want to put it at the entrance because you want people to pass your other offerings, hoping for some impulse buys.  Can't you, at least, put a sign at the entrance with a picture of the item and directions to its location?  I'd think that you would want customers to know that something of yours had been favorably reviewed by a well-known and respected blogger anyhow.

This has always been a problem for me.  Your idea is an excellent one!

A few stores that I've been too, well it's been quite a while now since. I've been to one of these, but they give out the intellibooks.  All their items are listing in there and include a tp link to the item in the store.

I think this would be an awesome thing for merchants to offer their customers.

:)

I agree, and I've had the same problem with some of the sales notices I've received, and then couldn't find the item at the store.  I'm not much of a shopper when I get frustrated looking for the item I came for.  If some one blogs about some ones item then it would makes sense to point that item out to customers and at the same time return the favor and have a link to the blog article.  This would be a good use of prim media to put the blog article on a prim next to the item for sale.  But any of this can only happen if you know your items been reviewed, twice I've had items reviewed but didn't know about it until weeks later, when a friend told me they saw the article online.

As a designer, I think this is a wonderful idea. The only problem is that often bloggers don't let us know when something has been blogged. You've given me an idea, though.

I already have a website that I list my full catalogue of products on but it currently only points to the product on the marketplace. Would it help this if I pointed to where the product can be found in my mainstore as well and then had a url giver at the landing point in my store that gives customers the option to open my website to view my catalogue?

I usually do what Anaita61 said, just use area search. And like it has already been mentioned by mtwtfss and phaedra sometimes desigers are not aware of what is being blogged and when because many times the bloggers either forget to tell us or just never care mention it to the desiger.

Area search would be your best bet to finding items that are blogged about instead of searching for a while. If it isn't a big store I usually don't mind looking around!

phaedra Exonar wrote:

But any of this can only happen if you know your items been reviewed, twice I've had items reviewed but didn't know about it until weeks later, when a friend told me they saw the article online.

This looks like a business opportunity for someone with programming skills.  She could offer a service to merchants consisting of notifying subscribers if they or their store was mentioned on any Web site on a list she would provide.  It should be easy enough to write a program to check the sites for mentions of the names.  There is software on the market that will notify one when a Web site changes.  So most of the work could be done by a not-very-powerful computer, and the service provider would only need to check for false positives before allowing the computer to notify the subscriber.

mtwtfss71 wrote:

As a designer, I think this is a wonderful idea. The only problem is that often bloggers don't let us know when something has been blogged. You've given me an idea, though.

I already have a website that I list my full catalogue of products on but it currently only points to the product on the marketplace. Would it help this if I pointed to where the product can be found in my mainstore as well and then had a url giver at the landing point in my store that gives customers the option to open my website to view my catalogue?

Yes.  Anything to make it easy to find.  Another thing that could solve the problem is to put a large sign above the product calling attention to its location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.