No Copy Items and DD

Sven Pertelson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This statement

WEB-4598: Direct Delivery redelivers products. Note that No Copy items cannot currently be sold using Direct Delivery.

in http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-and-Direct-Delivery-Update/td-p/1462915 needs clarification.

Does this mean

a)  Items marked 'no copy'  will NOT be delivered using DD

b) Items marked 'no copy' will be delivered by DD but might be delivered multiple times for no extra payment

Unfortunately they use the term "no copy" in a confusing fashion. I am selling many items via DD that are "no copy/Trans" and I'm not having any problem with them.

What they are really talking about is in Release Notes/Marketplace Current: "Direct Delivery support for no copy (Merchant does not have copy rights) items". So for example, a limited quantity "Trans" item that is being resold by someone other than the original creator.

I really wish they had come up with a better term than "no copy" because it's freaking people out.

Communication just gets worse - my stuff just stopped selling a week ago despite everything apparantly fitting LLs guidlines and test delivery working OK... and today I have tried at least 100 times to upload an image and t just ignores me!

Pathetic!

Ricci,

Time to try the "fix all" solution:

1. Log out of Marketplace and your Viewer .. close your web browser too.

2. Log into the Marketplace and go to the Merchant Home Page

3. Log into SL using your choice of Viewer.

4. Try again to upload an image.

I don't know why this works, call it "Magic Incantations" .. but it does work wonders a lot of the times.

So... just to get this absolutely straight in my own mind... lol

If, as a merchant, you're selling your items which you've made yourself and therefore have full permission rights on them, you can go ahead and put them on the marketplace via DD, even if they're set to no copy for the buyer.

BUT - if you are selling something which you yourself haven't made and do not have copy rights on it personally... then you can't put it on the marketplace via DD currently.

Is that right? Only just woke up and started to get my head around this one.. heheh

Cyneswith Luik wrote:

If, as a merchant, you're selling your items which you've made yourself and therefore have full permission rights on them, you can go ahead and put them on the marketplace via DD, even if they're set to no copy for the buyer.

BUT - if you are selling something which you yourself haven't made and do not have copy rights on it personally... then you can't put it on the marketplace via DD currently.

Is that right? Only just woke up and started to get my head around this one.. heheh

Yes, that's correct.

TatianaDokuchic Varriale wrote:

Cyneswith Luik wrote:

Yes, that's correct.

This. Despite the fact that some very confused people are are going about hysterically claiming that items you make and mark as no copy cannot be sold through DD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.