New Payment System Questions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

yep mine too. First one was closed as resolved, I opened another and it's still 'awaiting review' after over a week.  When I saw the post that said to file a JIRA if your issue hadn't been resolved as of sunday noon, I filed one.  It was closed as a duplicate and my one ticket left open is still waiting.  I comment daily asking for someone to just acknowledge me but i only get answered by whirly fizzle who apparently doesn't know anymore about it than I do.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I filed a Jira. My collaborators are still not getting revenue but the only answer I get is that they are working on getting lost revenue to merchants and I'm given a link to this forum. THE BUG IS NOT FIXED. HELLOO!!!!

I think this is mainly a failing in the support systems. We need the Labs to be successful and profitable otherwise SL would disappear and quite frankly that would make me very unhappy.

Software has bug that's a fact of life, so the marketplace has bugs, they didn’t test it well enough before going live and as a result there is a big mess. I'm sure they are trying to sort it out as best as they can. And I'm sure that our interests align to those lovely people from the Labs.

But what I take issue with is the minimal feedback to the merchant community, the cycle of raise a support issue, response as raise a bug report, close the support issues, raise the bug report, close the bug because it's a duplicate. For me that's not good enough.

All I really want is a "sorry Pryda, we are trying to sort it out and you should have your money in a couple of weeks". How hard can that really be for them?

Yes, good post.

There is a lot of bad feeling, especially where money is concerned.  We do all know mistakes are made, we make them ourselves, although we do try to rectify them instantly.

Rather than do this, do that, do this again, no do that, a simple, We are sorry, we know there is a fault, we will get your your money (insert time).  That is all it takes :)

I got this . do they really want to know!!

They closed my ticket without resolving it , i reopened it and still keep getting directed to this post here!

And then they ask  this question, oh boy , just give me my money already lol

Since you have used our support system, we are asking you to help us improve the support experience in Second Life. If you could spare us about 5 minutes of your time to fill out the survey found at the link below, we would be most grateful

http://lindensurvey.force.com/support/ccsurvey?guid=5008000000Pb9SIAAZa028000000E0fZlAAJ

Don't worry, we won't publish any of these results publicly, except in a purely anonymous fashion (percentages or graphs)

Thank you very much for your time and for helping us improve support in Second Life

Thanks
The Linden Lab Customer Relations Team

Pryda Parx wrote:

I think this is mainly a failing in the support systems. We need the Labs to be successful and profitable otherwise SL would disappear and quite frankly that would make me very unhappy.

Software has bug that's a fact of life, so the marketplace has bugs, they didn’t test it well enough before going live and as a result there is a big mess. I'm sure they are trying to sort it out as best as they can. And I'm sure that our interests align to those lovely people from the Labs.

But what I take issue with is the minimal feedback to the merchant community, the cycle of raise a support issue, response as raise a bug report, close the support issues, raise the bug report, close the bug because it's a duplicate. For me that's not good enough.

All I really want is a "sorry Pryda, we are trying to sort it out and you should have your money in a couple of weeks". How hard can that really be for them?

When I asked, I got pointed to all of the posts by CTL, including this one

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/New-Payment-System-Questions/m-p/2076265#M36211

Which says exactly what you are asking them to tell you.  *facepalm*

• Resident

We want to update Merchants on the latest release. We are still seeing some issues on a small percentage of orders. We continue to investigate this and will provide updates as we have them.

We've started the process to payout missed payments and distributions for the period from June 25, 2013, through July 9, 2013, Expect to see those payments appearing in your Second Life transaction history over the next week. In addition, we will be processing any payments that continue to be missed as needed.

If you would like to track any missed payments with us, you are free to file a JIRA, but it is not necessary. We will automatically be refunding any missed payments or distributions.

Since July 1 I have been selling products on the Marketplace and they are not transferring the payments to me or to my "partner". I did a report on July 2 and July 8 about this issue, I was told that they were working to resolve ASAP, but we are already on July 11 and I keep making sales without receiving payments, I am very worried about it, my loss already amounts 917 lindens and I do not know if I will be refunded. I am sending herewith a spreadsheet with the numbers of orders not received. I've read hundreds of forums and visited various links and nothing cleared my doubts. Should I trust that the problem will be resolved and I will receive the payments? Should I make changes in the settings of my products and remove the partner commission? Any advice?

Commerce Team,

FIRST of all considering the severity of this issue - i.e. your new payment system is not transferring payments entitlted to Merchants (not YOU ) at time of sale - your level of communications should be PROMPT & FREQUENT & TRANSPARENT to the Merchant community.  I know history has shown without flaw that its one of the only departments in LL that hides in the bowels of LL and is scared of their customer base, but this is a serious issue and LL Commerce Management should treat this as serious. 

Merchants are not children and you are not paying them until "some unknown time in the future".  Rodvik has all but destroyed any value of what was a powerful problem reporting, tracking, and communications system - the public JIRA system so all JIRA tickets go into a black void.  LL is closing merchant tickets with no resolution or payment.  And we hear from the Commerce team once every couple days.

SECOND tell the community exactly what the bug is and what transactions are causing the problem.  Why are some merchants experiencing it and others not?  Why some transactions and not others?  If Merchants knew then they could decide if they want to halt selling these items.  Commerce Team... BE OPEN AND INFORMATIVE!

THIRD I hope that as part of the "FIX" that Commerce Team is puting into their flawed payment system is to return ALL Marketplace Sales Transations into the reporting back to the main SecondLife Transaction History.  THAT MEANS... PUT BACK THE $0L Freebie transaction.  This is an important auditing feature to align MP Sales with an avatar's main transaction records.   Why was this removed ????  Will it come back ????

Well my JIRA ticket was reopened in this issue, however I don't seem to have the ability to comment on it right now for some reason.   I wanted to report on it that a customer just got double charged off of the marketplace for what should have been a single purchase item.  I tried to contact them to refund them but they were offline.  This does seem to be an issue that needs to be remedied along side the payment failures.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

We want to update Merchants on the latest release. We are still seeing some issues on a small percentage of orders. We continue to investigate this and will provide updates as we have them.

We've started the process to payout missed payments and distributions for the period from June 25, 2013, through July 9, 2013, Expect to see those payments appearing in your
over the next week. In addition, we will be processing any payments that continue to be missed as needed.

If you would like to track any missed payments with us, you are free to
, but it is not necessary. We will automatically be refunding any missed payments or distributions.

If you are still seeing issues (which means you clearly don't know the issue and haven't resolved it), than how can you say missed payments stopped happening on July 9? 

If you can track missed payments without our pointing them out, then why does it take a week to post those payments? If wire orders between banks can settle in 3 days or less, why does it take a week for you to post payments that have already been missing as early as Jun 25, which is over 2 weeks ago - for a total settlement time in your case of 3 weeks (assuming the gods of fortune should smile on us all)?!?!

Given a predicted settlement time of 3 weeks, SL transaction history only going back for a month, and the commerce team's history of resolving these kinds of issues, I'd highly advise everyone to download their history now, because in two more weeks, missing transactions will start rolling off.

This is becoming outrageous, Never have I seen a company pull a joke like this out on it's client base and expect to get away with it. I mean seriously they owe me US$ 33.34 or 8535 L$ and I KNOW FOR A FACT IF I OWED LL 30$ and didn't pay them back in a timely manner my account would be blacklisted until I paid them back.

This is a complete failure of Linden Labs ability to render proper customer support.

They've failed us in setting proper and clear customer expectations in the specifics of what might occur with this change to there payment service.

They're loosing the faith of a vast majority of there marketplace shareholders. 

I've already personally solved my own problem by removing distributions from my marketplace page and making 100% go to my main account.  

However I am Still Owed 8535L

Proper Dated Expectations required to be set by LL

Prompt and courteous service appriciated

Payment to Heavy666 Bolden 

Or Mike1 Rosenzweig

I have been getting payments all morning for missed transactions, but I'm cross checking on my spread sheet and none , not one of them are in order, they are all over the place!

I still have so many more that I haven't received yet, so I don't know if they are doing in batches or not, but so far I'm up and down the spread sheet, one on day one 2 days earlier, one 4 days later then back to the first day , OMG I'm going boggle eyed. But now the payments have stopped, I sure hope they start up again.

I filed a JIRA of the missing payments from June 30. I filed a report then n LL closed it as duplicated. So I'm repeating this process again.

Also I found another bug today that the confirmed payments on MP only show up on my trasnaction, but on MP. I'm not even sure what they bought because they are untrackable. How come so many problems just within a week? What's happening?? 

HisaDrug wrote:

(...)

Also I found another bug today that the confirmed payments on MP only show up on my trasnaction, but on MP. I'm not even sure what they bought because they are untrackable

(...)

Hisa, I had the same issue and was puzzled for a while, but it seems that the ones that show up in the transaction without an entry in the MP book keeping are the 'latecommers', ie. these are the payments you 'missed out' on; you probably have to go way back in your MP book keeping to find the original purchase entry;

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.