Missing Transaction Records

HisaDrug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Inbetween the last two recent maintenance sessions, some of your transaction records may appear to be missing. If you don't check your transaction one by one everyday you won't be able to tell the difference but I just found out I have 1 missing so far. It happened inworld by a customer, the purchase went through, he's got the item, but the record is missing. No way to tell if he stole it or actually bought it if you didn't check it personally. I don't understand this bug n I'm confused now.

HisaDrug wrote:

Inbetween the last two recent maintenance sessions, some of your transaction records may appear to be missing. If you don't check your transaction one by one everyday you won't be able to tell the difference but I just found out I have 1 missing so far. It happened inworld by a customer, the purchase went through, he's got the item, but the record is missing. No way to tell if he stole it or actually bought it if you didn't check it personally. I don't understand this bug n I'm confused now.

How would he 'steal' it?

I'm having a similar problem - I purchased an 800L skin, now the item is not only missing from my inventory, the record of purchase is gone from my inventory, the merchant's inventory, and her redelivery terminal's records. All of my other purchases from her store (that I made at the exact same time) are still there ($1050L worth, to be exact) - but because that particular purchase is missing, I no longer have the skin that goes with the shape, hands, feet, and appliers I bought.

Does anyone have a way to fix this? Because until I know why this happened, I'm not really comfortable dropping another $800 for the skin if I might not get to keep it.

transaction.JPG

HidingFromYou wrote:

I'm having a similar problem - I purchased an 800L skin, now the item is not only missing from my inventory, the record of purchase is gone from my inventory, the merchant's inventory, and her redelivery terminal's records. All of my other purchases from her store (that I made at the exact same time) are still there ($1050L worth, to be exact) - but because that particular purchase is missing, I no longer have the skin that goes with the shape, hands, feet, and appliers I bought.

Does anyone have a way to fix this? Because until I know why this happened, I'm not really comfortable dropping another $800 for the skin if I might not get to keep it.

Are you absolutely certain you made the purchase?  Are you certain you actually recieved the skin?

In the right hand column of the history is a running total.  If you actually did pay then you will see an unexplained $800L gap/jump if that transaction is actually missing.  If that gap/jump isn't there then it is more likely that for some reason the payment didn't happen to begin with.

It realy would not surprise me if transactions etc went missing, it was rampent on the MP a while back!

I have a friend that use a script to report back when a purchased item is rezzed and in the past the person has not been paid and this is an inworld sale!

LL is prob making zillions out of it

Perrie - I should have been more specific. My avatar is currently wearing one of the skin options from the pack - So, yeah, I got it. I'm 1000% sure of the fact that I received it. It's a female skin pack that comes with several options. The skin option that I put on my body is still there - but I only have a link to it in my outfits. I no longer have the unpacked folder or the box it came in. 

And it gets weirder now. Because I don't have a werid money jump in my transactions (which I never thought to look for until now). 

So, working this out. Somehow, I bought a skin, unpacked a skin, and wore a skin. And then logged off - and all record of that transaction disappeared and the money went back in my account like nothing happened?

I know this sounds ludicrous. And I would be willing to agree that I hadn't actually purchased the skin if not for the fact that I'm wearing one of the options right now.

I'm tempted to switch skins and relog and see if it disappears, too.

EDIT: I just switched to a different skin and relogged. I still have the one tone of the missing mystery skin in my outfit links. 

HidingFromYou wrote:

Perrie - I should have been more specific. My avatar is currently
wearing
one of the skin options from the pack - So, yeah, I got it. I'm 1000% sure of the fact that I received it. It's a female skin pack that comes with several options. The skin option that I put on my body is still there - but I only have a link to it in my outfits. I no longer have the unpacked folder or the box it came in. 

And it gets weirder now. Because I
don't
have a werid money jump in my transactions (which I never thought to look for until now). 

So, working this out. Somehow, I bought a skin, unpacked a skin, and wore a skin. And then logged off - and all record of that transaction disappeared and the money went back in my account like nothing happened?

I know this sounds ludicrous. And I would be willing to agree that I hadn't actually purchased the skin
if not for the fact that I'm wearing one of the options right now.

I'm tempted to switch skins and relog and see if it disappears, too.

EDIT:
I just switched to a different skin and relogged. I still have the one tone of the missing mystery skin in my outfit links. 

It is a strange situation.  I'm assuming that this was an InWorld purchase.

I'm wondering if it is possible that you made the purchase during one of the scheduled or unscheduled maintenances where we get warned to "refrain...making inworld L$ transactions, etc" (link to example) and this is an example of what can happen.

I'm confused by your last edit.  Are you saying you do or don't have the skin?

Last, because you aren't missing $L perhaps a proper thing to do is repurchase the item so the Merchant does get paid.

I guarantee many of us have the missing records that they overlooked. I would have never known if the customer didn't come forward about the issue. The bizarre thing about this occurance is the product (a tattoo layer) wasn't rezzing properly. I was wearing the same thing so the product itself isn't broken. Yet, the customer claimed it just wouldn't rez.

No idea if I actually got paid for the missing transaction, either. 

Because I was online when he bought the item inworld, and my purchase alert didn't pop up as it should have.

Something happened inbetween the two maintenances and I have no clue. Guess I just have to go over my transaction records every day. 

HisaDrug wrote:

I guarantee many of us have the
missing records
that they overlooked. I would have never known if the customer didn't come forward about the issue. The bizarre thing about this occurance is the product (a tattoo layer) wasn't rezzing properly. I was wearing the same thing so the product itself isn't broken. Yet, the customer claimed it just wouldn't rez.

No idea if I actually
got paid for the missing transaction
, either. 

Because I was online when he bought the item inworld, and my purchase alert didn't pop up as it should have.

Something happened inbetween the two maintenances and I have no clue. Guess I just have to go over my transaction records every day. 

To be clear here, 'missing records' and 'not getting paid' are two different things.

If a record was missing you would see an unexplained change in the running total.

In this case, the reason you have no 'record' is because you never received the payment (got paid).

This really is very interesting.  I am aware of the documented problem with Merchants not receiving payments for Marketplace purchases.  Technically speaking, Commerce_Team_Linden's ledger balance should always be "Zero."  If CTL received payment from a buyer but then did not transfer it to the seller, CTL's account would be showing a Surplus after subtracting the 5% commission from CTL's balance sheet.

In book keeping, unless you entered a number wrong or fail to enter a number, when you reconcile an account, the final number should be always be "zero."   There should be no discrepancy between what you actually have and what you should have.

But now that I think about it, this get's even more interesting.  If Maintenance is actually what is causing failed $L transactions on the Marketplace and/or even the Lindex, then we could argue that transactions on the Lindex and in the Marketplace should be suspended during Maintenance. Crazy thought.

Perrie Juran wrote:

To be clear here, 'missing records' and 'not getting paid' are two different things.

If a record was missing you would see an unexplained change in the running total.

In this case, the reason you have no 'record' is because you never received the payment (got paid).

I hear you on that. I might not have received the payment for that partciular missing record.

What if it was lost just like the record itself ? That's what I'm concerned about.

The system is so flawed, my trust in LL is wearing thin lately. 

HisaDrug wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I hear you on that. I might not have received the payment for that partciular missing record.

What if it was lost just like the record itself ? That's what I'm concerned about.

The system is so flawed, my trust in LL is wearing thin lately. 

We would love it if the system ran 100% error free.

And having a transaction fail is no joy for anyone.   I've had InWorld purchases mess up myself.  In seven years I've had it happen 2 times that I can remember. 

I think LL would love it if there was a zero percent failure rate also.  We would all be singing their praises!

What we don't know is what the failure rate is.  1 in a 100?  1 in a 1,000?  1 in 10,000?  1 in 100,000?

Looking at it from that perspective what is reasonable for us to expect from Linden Lab?  If it's 1 in a 100, yes that is critical.  But if it's 1 in 100,000 is it reasonable to expect them to go chasing after a needle in a haystack? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.