Mesh DEMOs advertised with full perms ticked.

jazmineh Chun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This loophole is so widely used for Demos, it's sickening. Instead of flagging each and every one of them, which i won't do, i chose to mention it here.

You will see just HOW rampant this is if i look for 'slink shoes', then tick 0-10 ld and then tick the boxes to make my search full perm. ALL of them demos. A DEMO is not a full perm item itself, the full perm item LINKED TO IT is full perm. You can NOT list it AS BEING full perm itself. ... Buuuuut... apparently you CAN.

Maybe the marketplace team should tackle this issue, because i can barely find anything i would like to use without half of them accidentally being demos. I'm not a creator/seller, i just like finding cheap full perm things to supplement and personallize my outfits but this loophole is just so glaringly obviously MISSUSED, i feel i should mention it.

The sludge of demos i have to wade through is just UNBELIEVABLE, that they really should be put in their own category or it should be possible to EXCLUDE the word DEMO from your search terms.

Thanks all

jazmineh Chun wrote:

This loophole is so widely used for Demos, it's sickening. Instead of flagging each and every one of them, which i won't do, i chose to mention it here.

You will see just HOW rampant this is if i look for 'slink shoes', then tick 0-10 ld and then tick the boxes to make my search full perm. ALL of them demos. A DEMO is not a full perm item itself, the full perm item LINKED TO IT is full perm. You can NOT list it AS BEING full perm itself. ... Buuuuut... apparently you CAN.

Maybe the marketplace team should tackle this issue, because i can barely find anything i would like to use without half of them accidentally being demos. I'm not a creator/seller, i just like finding cheap full perm things to supplement and personallize my outfits but this loophole is just so glaringly obviously MISSUSED, i feel i should mention it.

The sludge of demos i have to wade through is just UNBELIEVABLE, that they really should be put in their own category or it should be possible to EXCLUDE the word DEMO from your search terms.

Thanks all

You can use Boolean search terms:  "slink shoes NOT demo." 

Wow... that just made the marketplace the place to be for me again, thank you ever so much for that tip.

Doesn't change the fact things are falsely labled as full perm, but at least i can finally shop again, i've resorted to in-world shopping lately because i just couldn't evade the avelanche of demos in ANY category.

Thaaaaaanks, you made someone's day FOR SURE. Huuuugs! thanks  :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.