Merchants, please stop this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Please please please stop using symbols between the letters of DEMO when listing them. It's just a sneaky way to get around the NOT demo search. And it pisses people off.

Yes, I'm totally pissed off. People use things like this:

_demo_

demo

DEMO

DEMO1

IIDEMOII

D+E+M+O

49demo

D E M O

cDEMO

56-DEMO

58-DEMO

60-DEMO

dee.DEMO

D*E*M*O

jeansDEMO

brooks.DEMO

-D E M O-

wells.DEMO

... and much more. This is just a small sample of the craziness going on. :smileyfrustrated:

how about the irritating relisting of items in slightly differen packs ... for example a certain skin creator... pale and fair, fair and tan, tan  and sunkissed.... and than again new listings but than in fair and pale. tan and fair... and so on...

if it were new items i could imagine, but it's all older work.

buying at mp gets less and less friendly while inworld a lot of shops not have a store anymore

Coby Foden wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Please please please stop using symbols between the letters of DEMO when listing them. It's just a sneaky way to get around the NOT demo search. And it pisses people off.

_demo_

demo

DEMO

DEMO1

IIDEMOII

D+E+M+O

49demo

D E M O

cDEMO

56-DEMO

58-DEMO

60-DEMO

dee.DEMO

D*E*M*O

jeansDEMO

brooks.DEMO

-D E M O-

wells.DEMO

... and much more. This is just a small sample of the craziness going on. :smileyfrustrated:

Okay... I have to admit I am not on top of things MarketPlace related I don't follow forums threads or read LL announcements etc... so I put my keywords as such:    tree_textures, plant_textures, tree_branch_textures,  - with the _ between the words as I was learned to do it that way by Google or some other key word type place...  

I am currently manually going through 3,000 listings on the marketplace as i just discovered they had all been dumped in the texture department (no sub categories) and there was no key words and the marketing display is soooo 2005 :) (I hired a scripter to add them all with software... it worked but didn't look great)  

So I would like to know what is the correct way to add key words, if the _ method is not correct. 

Many thanks :) 

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

_demo_

demo

DEMO

DEMO1

IIDEMOII

D+E+M+O

49demo

D E M O

cDEMO

56-DEMO

58-DEMO

60-DEMO

dee.DEMO

D*E*M*O

jeansDEMO

brooks.DEMO

-D E M O-

wells.DEMO

Okay... I have to admit I am not on top of things MarketPlace related I don't follow forums threads or read LL announcements etc... so I put my keywords as such:    tree_textures, plant_textures, tree_branch_textures,  - with the _ between the words as I was learned to do it that way by Google or some other key word type place...  

I am currently manually going through 3,000 listings on the marketplace as i just discovered they had all been dumped in the texture department (no sub categories) and there was no key words and the marketing display is soooo 2005
:)
(
I hired a scripter to add them all with software... it worked but didn't look great
)  

So I would like to know what is the correct way to add key words, if the _ method is not correct. 

Many thanks
:)

It tells you when you make a listing, separate keywords with commas. as in : tree, mesh, green, pine, xmas.

You have to manually put them in the correct category.

BadEddy wrote:

sneaky way to get around the not demo search? what do you mean by that. I never heard of anything that say demo is a bad word. Why use all kinds of weird ways to write it?

THx

... have you not been watching the forums for the past... 5 years or so? People hate when Demos pop up in search. so, you add "NOT demo" (without the quote marks) to a search and you should not get any demos. Unless merchants are being asshats and doing funky things to their demo listings. Like all that stuff Coby posted. Its shady.

There is no need for demos to ever pop in a search. The full listings should have a link to the demo item.

• 1 month later...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

I'm sure that the viewer managed marketplace will prioritise helping merchants create quality listings that tuck demos into their rightful place and let people search on the "mesh" flag that exists in every listing for mesh.

Oh look, there's a unicorn!

I wanna ride it!!!!!

Is it true what they say about unicorn's horns?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.