Merchant Outbox - Error 404

Finn Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So here is my problem; No matter what I do, Merchant Outbox says I need to create a store.

I have broken up what has transpired to make it as easy to understand as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------This is what I submitted as a case:

I am trying to migrate from Magic Box to Direct Delivery.

I am still being told when attempting to open the Merchant Outbox that I first need to become a merchant, though I am already one.

I have tried logging into the marketplace before logging into SL, as well as all other possible ways of correcting this issue I have been able to find in the forums, wiki, and elsewhere.

Thank you in advance.

I am using the following viewer:
Second Life 3.4.5 (270263) Feb 12 2013 04:43:00 (Second Life Release)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (3099.05 MHz)
Memory: 8174 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0697
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.10426

Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/1,052 (0.0%)

For trouble-shooting purposes, I used the Project Viewer Merchant Outbox (found here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#Merchant_Outbox ) and experienced error '404'. I have attached a picture of this error.

For anyone that missed it, I linked the image I attached. Here is it again: http://riderunleashed.com/404.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------This is the response I received:

Hello RiderDavis Resident,

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your Merchant Outbox prompting you to create a store on the Marketplace web site.

This is a known bug with the way the non Direct Delivery compliant Third Party Viewers interact with the Merchant Outbox.

Please download the Merchant Outbox Project Viewer, located here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#Merchant_Outbox

This viewer should restore, and correct any issue with your Merchant Outbox, and you will be able to resume using the viewer of your choice.

If you continue to have issues after downloading and using the Merchant Outbox viewer please let me know.

For more information about the Marketplace and other related services, please visit the Knowledge Base:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English/tkb-p/English_KB

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

I hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Please let me know if there's anything further I can assist you with.

You may receive a request to complete a brief customer support satisfaction survey. I would appreciate it if you would complete the form so that I can continue to strive to provide the best support possible to you and our other customers.

Thank you for being a valued resident of Second Life! Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
SuzanneI Scout
www.secondlife.com
Linden Lab Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is the outcome:

Clearly what I wrote was not at all read, and I still have absolutely no resolution.
To my knowledge, I have not deleted the outbox. There never was one.
I have tried logging in and out, in all kinds of variations, with the viewer and the merchant webpage. Clearing cookies, disabling antivirus, reinstalling... I'm telling you guys... I've done everything.
I am not using a TPV, as mentioned, and the 'Merchant Outbox' viewer gave me a 'Error: 404' message.

Please... Someone... Help me. :(

I have the same problem.. i got this answer.. but nothing helped.. im so annoyed..

Hello Christel Morane,

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your Merchant Outbox prompting you to create a store on the Marketplace web site.

This is a known bug with the way the non Direct Delivery compliant Third Party Viewers interact with the Merchant Outbox.

Please download the Merchant Outbox Project Viewer, located here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#Merchant_Outbox

When you log in to this viewer, it should restore, and correct any issue with your Merchant Outbox, and you will be able to resume using the viewer of your choice.

Here is a link to the FAQ post on the Second Life Commerce Forums regarding using the Merchant Outbox Project Viewer. Please attempt to follow the step in the FAQ listed below once you have downloaded the viewer,

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Direct-Delivery-Migration-FAQ/m-p/1923527#M32663

If you continue to have issues after downloading and using the Merchant Outbox viewer please let me know.

For more information about the Marketplace and other related services, please visit the Knowledge Base:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English/tkb-p/English_KB

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

I hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Please let me know if there's anything further I can assist you with.

You may receive a request to complete a brief customer support satisfaction survey. I would appreciate it if you would complete the form so that I can continue to strive to provide the best support possible to you and our other customers.

Kind Regards,
SuzanneI Scout
www.secondlife.com
Linden Lab Support

2013-03-12 07:51:44
Me

now i get error 404.. :S

2013-03-12 07:52:20
Me

Now i get Error 404, and it still give me the same message in Firestorm

2013-03-12 07:55:07
SuzanneI Scout

Hello Christel Morane,

Please enable Debugging on the Merchant Outbox then upload the file to a Second Life Jira Bug Report.

1. Log into Second Life
2. Click Advanced in the menu at the top
3. Choose Show Debug Settings
4. Search for "inventoryoutboxLogging"
5. Select "True"
6. Log out of Second Life
7. Log back into Second Life
8. Open your Merchant Outbox
9. Add an item to your Merchant Outbox
10. Click Send to Marketplace Button

If you receive an error message.

11. Log out of Second Life.
12. Create a Marketplace Bug Report
13. Upload the Log File to the Second Life Bug Report.

For information on filing a bug report, please see this link:
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

The log file will be located at

c:// ...... [YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs on your computer when using a Windows based machine.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know if there's anything further I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
SuzanneI Scout
www.secondlife.com
Linden Lab Support

2013-03-12 08:05:02
Me

Still error.. im about to give up.. this is REALLY annoying..
WHYYY did u changeeee.. i dont have time for this :S

2013-03-12 08:06:21
SuzanneI Scout

Hello Christel Morane,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the technical issue that you are having on the Second Life Marketplace web site.

Unfortunately this is not an issue that Customer Support is able to assist you with resolving.

It will be necessary to submit a Second Life Jira Bug Report so that the Linden Lab Dev Teams can investigate the issue further.

For information on how to submit Second Life Bug Reports, please see the Second Life Knowledge Base page, locate here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

Please let me know if there's anything further I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,
SuzanneI Scout
www.secondlife.com
Linden Lab Support

2013-03-12 08:15:39
Me

Still error.. im about to give up.. this is REALLY annoying..
WHYYY did u changeeee.. i dont have time for this :S

Dear Highly Frustrated Merchants,

After TWO Jira cases and absolutely no actual help of any kind, I resolved this problem... And this is how...

I closed SL, logged out fo the website.

Logged into the website.

==> Changed the website language from English to French, and back to English again.

Logged into Second Life... And magically MONTHS AND MONTHS later... ...I am now using Direct Delivery.

Please... PLEASE try this. I truly do not know how... But it might save your hiney like it did mine.

• 2 weeks later...

omgomg!

Rider, that totally worked! 

After spending hours and *hours*  submitting and reopening tickets about my dead Merchant Outbox, downloading various viewers, logging in, logging out, submitting a debug report, writing a jira, and searching any and all avenues I could think of (since LL was less than no help at all and I got the exact same canned responses you guys did),

I finally ended up here.

And I changed my website language to French.  And then I changed it back again.  And now my Merchant Outbox is working like a charm.

Words fail...really.

Except, thankyouthankyou Rider for coming back and proclaiming what worked, as patently absurd as it was.

Hugz and bestaluck,

Dagmar

• 1 month later...

I tried this and it didnt work for me - how ever it did change the status code to 500 instead of 404

404 = page not found

500 = internal server error

both are nothing to do with which viewer i am using and are both server side problems that cant be resolved by me.

So now with the cut off today of being able to sell unlimited items - i no longer have a store - thank you very much Linden Labs - and it is pointless contacting your help desk as the only answer i will get is "try clearing your cache" - which is going to do nothing for a server side problem >.<

Help desk probably dont even know what the status codes stand for.

I Take what i said early back, Linden Labs Help Desk fixed my merchant box problem  - they was very polite and very proffesional and fixed it within a short time after contacting them.

Linden labs logged into my account and found out that somehow my merchant box system folder had been deleted and was in my trash folder, I still see no sign of a merchant outbox system folder but at least it is working now - Thank you very much Linden Labs for fixing this problem in a short space of time.

on a side note i have had problems with system folders for a long time such as having 4 trash folders - and one of which is in my lost and found - this happened when i installed imprudance - so im guessing its something to do with that.

• 4 years later...

The Merchant Outbox is no longer in use, that's why you get the errors. You must open your marketplace store with Second Life and then you will have a new folder called "Marketplace Listing". It's replacing the merchant outbox. And you will only have it in your inventory folders once your marketplace is approved and open.

Then you can put items in it and then, set the sell details of your items in your marketplace store webpage.

Edited by Shamara Henley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.