Marketplace flagging system is being abuse to remove competition

Bogas Delicioso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank for your opinion... Could you please provide examples, of what you search for and what unrelated results you get (of course if it is not private)?

I undrestand the problem, but problem is related to any search in the Internet, even worse, because you search against index of raw pages, not refined by someone "strict keywords". Could you tell Internet is wrong? Shoud we moderate it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creed Aldrin wrote:

Well, i didn't expected nor wanted anyone to pull my listing keywords and publicly discuss it here... Besides, how did you pull it out? I cant see keywords on Marketplace page and even in page source... I only see it while editing the listing.

Then why did you ask for advise about you keywords?

Keywords seems to be hidden at first side, but they are public information.  I'm not the only one who can see them. Everyone can by looking in the source:

source_keywords.png

It's even easier with a plugin, then they just appear under the listing picture when you browse the marketplace:

greasemonkey_keywords.png

Well, i didnt ask to review my or anyone else items.

"My question is about loose associations. Can someone at Linden Lab give more exact guidelines on loose associations, including examples (based on flagging team everyday decisions) of what is allowed and what is not?"

But thanks for the script. I appreciate, good tool.

You speak from the position, that every your search produce too many results. This means your search is too wide. Why not to try to narrow it with more words?

But i agreed with you that item name should have more weight (in fact should come first). Even more, i'm pretty sure it is already made like this.

Besides, i have very long purchase history on MP. I don't think it is extremely abused. Well, most abused words are ubiquitous, they arent useful anyway. What unique things are you expecting to find by entering single word "beautiful" ?

As a buyer, you need to try fast as much different searches as possible, untill you will have satisfactory choice. As a seller, you need to guess most unique words your customer will be seach your products for... Yes this is difficult in the Internet too.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Couldbe, it is a Grease Monkey plugin...

see this thread:

I downloaded and went through the installation process for this tool but I must need to do another step or something.  I have Greasemonkey but don't see this script added and I do not see keywords on the MP listings.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

For Firefox there really should not be anything else to do. The green install button on userscripts.org should first cause the browser ask if you really want to install, then a second little popup from Greasemoney should confirm it's there.

Chrome users will probably want to install Tampermonkey these days, otherwise it will balk at anything that doesn't come through Google's own store.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

For Firefox there really should not be anything else to do. The green install button on userscripts.org should first cause the browser ask if you really want to install, then a second little popup from Greasemoney should confirm it's there.

Chrome users will probably want to install Tampermonkey these days, otherwise it will balk at anything that doesn't come through Google's own store.

Thank you so much, Cerise. :)  I had clicked the blue "Download" button and downloaded what appeared to be a PC Optimizer and PDF Creator.  I didn't see the Green Button. :matte-motes-bashful:  (In my defense, I just got new glasses today and am trying to get used to them. *Grins*)

Clicked the green button and all is working great!! THANK YOU!!!

(A gentle reminder: Absolutely everything you post, submit, upload or "share" is no longer private. It's provided as part of the product listing therefore it's open for public use .. within the guidelines of the Marketplace. Considering that the actions of every Merchant on the Marketplace has a direct effect on every other Merchant, you should be very aware of your Public Community Behavior .. in what you say, what you list, and what you ask in a public forum.)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Thank you so much, Cerise.
:)
  I had clicked the blue "Download" button and downloaded what appeared to be a PC Optimizer and PDF Creator.  I didn't see the Green Button. :matte-motes-bashful:  (In my defense, I just got new glasses today and am trying to get used to them. *Grins*)

Clicked the green button and all is working great!! THANK YOU!!!

Yuck, sorry that happened to you. I know that web sites need to take on syndicated ads to keep the lights on, but I wish that somebody in the ad chain could clamp down on the fake download button ones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.