Marketplace Updates

JustaTest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I'm not mistaken it's been roughly 4 - 5 years since the acquisition of XStreet (later named Second Life Marketplace). There's been a few changes in those years, however one thing remains the same and that's ease of access for customers.

The category section is great, but the addition of subcategories within individual shops would be greater. Sifting through a shop with over 400 items just in Apparel will be very random because the owner might have clothing for both men and women. Quantity is nice only if it's accompanied by organization, otherwise it's just like digging through a bag of miscellaneous items hoping to find one that might interest you.

The second thing that would be awesome is accessability for the shop owner to toggle whether they would like others to share about their content via Twitter, Instagram, Pintrest, Facebook, or Tumblr. This is a plus for both Second Life and the content creator in terms of exposure.

I'm not really sure what kind of organization you're referring to. When in a person's mp shop you CAN see both the cetegories and the sub-categories. In apparel, for instance, you can then sort to male, or female(provided that seller offers one, or both). From there you can even go further like into outfits(and type) or by type of clothing(like tops, bottoms, dresses, etc..) This is, of course, hoping that merchants categorize their products correctly.

For example, if I have a sundress to sell, I would put it under apparel-womens-dresses-casual dresses. Then if a customer wants to buy that they can go to my store(or sort via the general mp pages) and go through the categories and subcategories to get to the casual dresses, which is where they'll find it. You don't have to just go to apparel and sift through 500+ articles of clothing, just use the menu on the side of the page and go to the one you want.

I think that's about as organized as it's going to get. They do add new subcategories and categories now and then, but not all that often and only if there's an actual need for it in order to separate out a larger category, breaking it down, making it easier to navigate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.