Sassy Romano

Making it EASY for people to spend money...

[ Edited ]

So, you've created your store, you've done heaps of marketing, advertising and promo's and now for the big moment, you've tempted someone, they're on the hook... count the fails in the scenario below (this was my experience buying something this morning):-

Prospective customer searches MP and up pops your item

The picture of the permissions showed M C T (M and T in red and C in green).  The MP listing had "Modify Copy Transfer"

Only the full price item is there on Marketplace, it says "demo available inworld"

Clicking the "See item in Second Life" doesn't take the prospect to the actual item but in the middle of a courtyard (whole area is for one shop, this isn't a mall with shared fixed landing spot).

Prospect has to hunt to find the item, then eventually finds the small "demo" version.

Obtains the demo version..boxed...land is set to NO REZ

Prospect has to depart from the point of potential sale to unbox and try

TOP TIP:  Make life easy for your customer, remove barriers from sale!

(no my shopping experience isn't perfect either, nor do I claim that it is)

Re: Making it EASY for people to spend money...

Reply to Sassy Romano - view message

just to add a quick helpful hint..

Please use the word NO instead of colors on the sign.. there are those of us that are red/green color blind and they look the same. 

Steel & Ink
You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
"Time And Relative Dimension In Space"
mtwtfss71

Reply to Drake1 Nightfire - view message

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Please use the word NO instead of colors on the sign.. there are those of us that are red/green color blind and they look the same. 

Hey, great point! I hadn't thought of that. :smileyhappy:

Marketplace Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/85278
Perrie Juran

[ Edited ]

Reply to mtwtfss71 - view message

mtwtfss71 wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Hey, great point! I hadn't thought of that. :smileyhappy:

This is a very good point.

Actually the default colors of the Lithium software are on the edge of being a problem.  There are websites and free software that you can check your web pages against.  In edge cases a business could be found in violation of the Disabilities Act if an employee is required to use the software.  I ran a Lithium page through one of these when we started using it because my color blind son had a lot of difficulty reading this.

Czari Zenovka

Great points, Sassy!

"I'm not building a game, I'm building a new country."
~Philip Linden (Second Life: The Official Guide, p. 274)

Czari Zenovka

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Perrie Juran wrote:

Actually the default colors of the Lithium software are on the edge of being a problem. 

I'm probably behind the curve on this, but what *is* Lithium software please?

Perrie Juran

Reply to Czari Zenovka - view message

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Actually the default colors of the Lithium software are on the edge of being a problem. 

The name of this Forum Software (or maybe it's the company) is "Lithium."

Hence why sometimes I say it appears the Forum is on drugs.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/Is-The-Lithium-Spell-Checker-On-Drugs-Share-The-G...

Czari Zenovka

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

The name of this Forum Software (or maybe it's the company) is "Lithium."

Hence why sometimes I say it appears the Forum is on drugs.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/Is-The-Lithium-Spell-Checker-On-Drugs-Share-The-G...

Ah ok, thank you. :smileyhappy:  So would the issue for those who have color-blind issues be all the highlighting that shows up in green? (I'm assuming I'm using the default colors since I have no idea where to change them...lol.)

Stari Adder
Topics: 16
Blog Posts: 0

lol yeah good point

as a buyer I also had some troubles with such things and sometimes left it and nver came back cause we are soo lazy lol)

so now as a seller I do understand  that it is better to do things easier)

http://www.etsy.com/ru/shop/YourPerfectPic?ref=si_shop

digital artist, photographer for hire, check out my pictures http://community.secondlife.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/430421

store https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/98983
Deja Letov

I think these are all great ideas. The only one I personally can't accomplish is the "see this item in second life" option. The problem happens when we redesign our stores or move product around. For examples, sometimes we need to expand the size (i just recently did this in fact) so what happens is the landing zone for the main landmark right now if I didn't have forced TP, would put you under my building in the water with no way to get out. And of course, moving things around in the store for marketing purposes to give your store a "fresh" look means having to update lots of items on the marketplace with a new SLURL. That's a ton of management. So unfortunately, I've gone the route of direct landing point to avoid people landing under my building but it means I can't take the most advantage of "see this item in second life", which I hate. Luckily things are relatively easy to find and if not I almost always have an assistant on to help guide people...but ya i wish there was an easier way to deal with that.

The Elegant Goth - In World Store - Marketplace

Almost Wonderland - In World Store - Marketplace