Looking for Research Participants

peterwigggin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am Dr. Michael Morrison, a professor in the Business and Economics Department at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. I am working with Dr. Dennis Barber III professor in the Economics Department of Armstrong State University. We are looking for Second Life users and entrepreneurs within Second Life to participate in a study of Second Life.

In this study, you will need to complete a short survey related to Second Life. The survey should take about 15 minutes to complete.

If you are interested in participating please follow the link below.

http://loboresearchers.limequery.com/index.php/615257/lang-en

If you have any question regarding the survey or our research, I can be reached at (814)-732-1657 or mmorrison@edinboro.edu

Please stop spamming the Second Life forum.

You've posted this once in another forum (yesterday), posting the same again in here is not necessary.

Wanted was the correct forum, as it's one of the few forums where service-related spam and requests are appropriate. If anyone is interested, they will look there.

Peter, you got a fairly common response to "survey requests", mainly because for years SL users have felt like lab rats being studied. 

I can appreciate that with a specifically targetted group, you may have value (or not) by stating what the purpose of the survey is, what is it that you wish to accomplish, what will the result of the study be and when and where will the output be presented?

If you feel like swinging your survey along the lines of "How do merchants feel about the utter contempt shown towards them by Linden Lab?"  you might get rather a lot of responses ;)

Thanks for the feedback, and for providing background to research in SL. I didn't realize that SL users felt that way, we'll be adjusting our approach to reduce the "lab rat" feeling. If you have any specific feedback send me a message or notecard. 

Our research is looking at the nature of entrepreneurs in SL as compared to non-entreneurs. If you're interested in the reserach send me an email and I'll send you a copy of the finished product of the study, as soon as we finish it. 

I'll have to look more closely at Linden Lab's behavior towards merchants, as well. 

I'm going to be nice here also like Sassy has been.

Surveys and Surveyors get greeted with a lot of contempt here.

One reason is that every time a semester draws to an end we get inundated with poorly devised Surveys by students who are suddenly scrambling to do work they should have done long before. Believe me, when I say poorly devised I really mean poorly devised.

The ones who succeed are the ones that give us a reason to help.  First of all they demonstrate that the Surveyor has done some home work before asking their questions.  For instance they will say, "I've been in SL exploring the Shops and Malls and I have some questions."

A second factor may be a perk.  You are asking us to take some time our of our sometimes very busy schedules.  What's the benefit to me?

I did look at your Survey.  It looks like you just yanked your questions out of a pre-employment psych evaluation some of us have really grown to hate.  The amount of time I have spent taking the same psych-survey over and over again while job hunting is insane.  If completing one proves anything it is that I can be a very patient person.  ;) 

I have read the questions and, besides demographic ones, I saw general business questions which could be answered by any person that has done any type of work, on their own or hired by someone. I think there was one question specific to business in a virtual enviroment so I have to ask, in what way is this survey about Second Life? 

Personally, running a business in SL is a hobby I do and I have never ever came in the situation to think about it in a way that most of the questions refer to. But I know many people who have businesses that can be considered as real life business - providing significant income and paying all their bills. 

So again, in what way are the questions posted related to us, people who run business in SL? And what is the goal of the research? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.