LL is DONE with Marketplace

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

"Accepted" status means that your suggestion was
not
ignored. rejected suggestions stay in "Triaged" status.

OK, I'll admit 'ignored' is a strong word.

yours is in pile of  things LL wants to do.

And you know this how?

For the moment all we can say is that so far they have not 'rejected' it.

That is encouraging.

Additionally, Cherry Picking my one statement doesn't obviate the rest of what I said.

The last really honest statement we have heard about the Market Place was from Rodvik when it was rolled out.  I'm paraphrasing now because I don't remember his exact words but the gist was, "The implementation was unacceptable."

Perrie Juran wrote:

And you know this how?

It has been assigned a MAINT issue, and that is where the actual work will be done. BUG tickets are concluded once they reach that stage.

The issue in this particular thread, tho, is that there is no evidence of work being done on the MP.  If you look in the server forum, you can see there is activity at LL.  Whenever I file a JIRA on non-MP related things, I hear from Whirly usually within hours, and she brings in Maestro or someone. So, on the ball about some things. Just not Marketplace. They are done with it.

"Accepted" status means that your suggestion was
not
ignored. rejected suggestions stay in "Triaged" status. yours is in pile of  things LL wants to do.

It means that it has been "accepted" as an issue.  Whether it goes into MAINT or any other status it doesn't actually mean that there's any activity.  This is how it is with pretty much any software company who use JIRA or any other bug reporting system.  JIRA's get triaged/accepted but whether they get put into any sprint to actually be worked on is a totally different thing than just updating the status of a JIRA.

All companies have things "they want to do" but the question here is "what's actually being worked on that's live for Marketplace?"

There's no evidence and that's the sum of this thread.  Come on LL, put some skin in the game, show us the evidence...

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

If you have a problem or suggestion about the marketplace you should create a jira at
It is easy to do and you can follow the progress to see if it is being worked on.

If you already did that you could post a link to it and maybe others could back you up by making comments on your jira.

You seem to have missed the bits where our latest CEO that can't manage to increase the user base has pretty much stated that a rewrite of SL is in the works, which puts this one pretty much squarely in maintenance mode.

Or that what they're after in the "version 2" of SL is that they're going after user content as their new revenue stream.

My magic 8-ball says that the new marketplace is going to be upwards of 30-40% commission on user goods, because after years of steady decline the land model is a fail.

You would assume that these bits are easy to put together, and that the Jira is going to be only minimally attended to over the next year or more that it'll take for them to produce some workable beta. Apparently this is not so easy to grok for some.

But while you're at it, perhaps you can file a Jira for accounts that are deactivated as in my case rather than bumped down to basic when you don't opt out of premium.

Not that I have any further use for the "old Dart" in this or a future version of SL, or any LL product for that matter.

Or perhaps you can file a Jira for those broken market enhancements that for the past year or more have been over-charging customers. I'm sure that because LL values their customers money and so intimately understands that a commerce environment depends on trust with funds, that they'll get right on that for you.

With that I leave you with a healthy dose of horse sense ...

"Remember though, your best weapon is between your ears and under your scalp -provided it's loaded." -- Robert A. Heinlein

DartAgain wrote:

But while you're at it, perhaps you can file a Jira for accounts that are deactivated as in my case rather than bumped down to basic when you don't opt out of premium. 

Something like this JIRA from 2008 that is marked as fixed?  Slghtly different but it seems that they still haven't figured out the sensible way to deal with it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2647

Sassy Romano wrote:

DartAgain wrote:

Something like this JIRA from 2008 that is marked as fixed?  Slghtly different but it seems that they still haven't figured out the sensible way to deal with it.

I am sooo tempted to call support and record them telling me to file a Jira about it. It only hurts when I laugh.

Here is the thread about the survey LL asked merchants to take, regarding improving search.  I have been waiting to hear the results of the thread and what action the marketplace developers have taken so far:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Help-Improve-Market-Place-Search/m-p/2384197#U2384197

Perrie Juran wrote:

Additionally, Cherry Picking my one statement doesn't obviate the rest of what I said.

apologies that I  only addressed the most glaring bull on that round, but there is simply too much of it in this thread.

First off, I myself have no trouble calling bull **bleep** on some things that people complain about.  I do it all the time.

And I'll acknowledge that I could be wrong about the 'inaction' on my JIRA.  I could be very pleasantly surprised and find my suggestion implemented the next time I load the Viewer.  I'm certain that you too have seen the countless "OMG, I can't log in Threads" that we've had in this Forum.

But as far as this thread being full of "Bull," it's not.  It highlights a very legitimate complaint from a Merchant who actively follows things and who has needed to constantly deal with the myriad problems and shortcomings that plague the MP.

Are you going to say her negative experiences with the MP didn't happen?  I'm certainly not.  Her conclusions are based on actual experience and actually following the issues.

Uhhhhh no I disagree. :matte-motes-grin:

They recently replaced the checkout system remember?

And I've seen a lot less failed deliveries since the death of magic boxes.

I think they will come back to it in the future but also they don't want to break it with some failed feature.....:matte-motes-impatient:

markkemp wrote:

Uhhhhh no I disagree. :matte-motes-grin:

They recently replaced the checkout system remember?

And I've seen a lot less failed deliveries since the death of magic boxes.

I think they will come back to it in the future but also they don't want to break it with some failed feature.....:matte-motes-impatient:

Direct Delivery (death of magic boxes) was done what?  nearly 2 years ago, you call that recent?  Also, newsflash, IT'S NOT FINISHED!  Magic boxes still exist because they gave up on this project, where's the support for directly delivery for limited permissions items?  It doesn't exist, use a magic box, migration date for this "extended indefinitely", in other words, they're not going to finish it.

Replaced the checkout system?  What was wrong with it?  Nothing, they just aligned it with the rest of LL's business, we didn't ask for it, it wasn't a pressing matter that merchants were asking for.

Try again.  Anyone? I'm still challenging anyone to bring 5 Marketplace enhancements that LL have done to Marketplace within the past year that seriously benefit merchants, that we asked for or needed.  I'll take 2 to begin with... just TWO things...

Oh there is no doubt it could be a lot better. I'm an experienced merchant so believe me I know!

I am just pointing out there have been some SLOW improvements. 

What I would really like to see actually is more ways for me to engage and cultivate customers. For example some sort of blog or webpage that came with my store so that I could create a hype about my products on the marketplace. Listing enhancements are ok I guess but I often feel distanced from my customers.....:matte-motes-impatient:

markkemp wrote:

Oh there is no doubt it could be a lot better. I'm an experienced merchant so believe me I know!

I am just pointing out there have been some SLOW improvements. 

What I would really like to see actually is more ways for me to engage and cultivate customers. For example some sort of blog or webpage that came with my store so that I could create a hype about my products on the marketplace. Listing enhancements are ok I guess but I often feel distanced from my customers.....:matte-motes-impatient:

So, create a blog or webpage and link it on your profile..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.