Japanese Characters showing up in menus on Marketplace

Jaden Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the last couple days when searching for an item on marketplace, for some reason the navigation menu on the left or the drop down menu for search turn from english into japanese characters. My browser is set to display english so I'm not sure why this is happening and its only recent in the last couple days. Is this a mp error of some kind that hopefully will be fixed?

Sometimes the listings show up this way also, notice it earlier today.

Thanks.

Probably because someone offered you a product link to a japanese listing that you clicked on.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-4576

(Nearly a year later... still that JIRA remains unassigned.  Anyone still believe that LL is in the background improving things?  Nobody did respond to my challenge to find even just 3, or maybe 1 proper improvment to MP over the past year.)

That's the best bit, they thought it was appropriate that after clicking on ONE MP link, that it should change ALL your communications, including sales emails, to that language.

It truly baffles me as to how utterly stupid some implementations are.  Does it really take a genius to suggest that "NO, just because i've browsed one link, that doesn't mean I want to totally swap language forever!!"

Clearly, the answer to that is YES!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.