Item Listing Order :Default si "Relevance"

DQ Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quick question that I can't see answered yet. The default item listing order when Marketplace page first opens is "Relevance" and remains so until changed by the viewer.

What is used by the program to choose the order of "Relevance" and can it be used by me when listing so I can show my newest items first without having the person viewing set the order.

"Newest First" would be the better default setting.

Sorry if this was answered before but I can't find it.

Thanks

Dee :heart:

You can only use sort order for the way you see your store, not how others see it. 

Relevance is the default setting and is influenced by the keywords people use in search.  When no keyword is used, it seems to sort by the number of items sold in a given time frame.  The algorithm's used by MP for sorting for relevance are a secret.  LL doesn't divulge that info so people can't game it.

What is used by the program to choose the order of "Relevance" and can it be used by me when listing so I can show my newest items first without having the person viewing set the order.

The user can set search terms to show newest/oldest low/high price or relevance (default), but you can't force it on them.

Your can WRECK your relevance in your listing:  Relevance is how well what I entered in search matches what you have in your item listing.

Let's say I'm looking for a red leather morotcycle jacket and type that into search.

Don't dilute the message, don't get cutesy.

TITLE: Seems to be extremely important.  Nouns and adjectives.  Using "Red leather motorcycle jacket" will score better than "AWSUM Scarlet Gangstah Biker Togs"

Description:  Same thing. Make the first sentence or two be about that item and that item only.

Keywords: Be REALLY specific and make them custom to that item.  Copy and Paste is NOT your friend here and don't try to steer people to your leather corsets, wooly knickers or anything ... stick to the nouns and adjectives that would describe the item the best.

Nefertiti, thanks and yes I understand everything you said and it is correct. What I was looking at and which Amethyst nailed right off was from the seller being able to manipulate the "item listing" not what is presented to the person doing a search function.

If for example I had a merchant out there who's items I really enjoyed and followed I can jump to their store without a search and then just sort by newest first not a problem. Now when I go to my own store and add items each time I check to see if the items posted right along with the rest of the page items I have to do a sort because the default view is "Relevance" each time the store is shown.

I wanted to know if I could set the default view to newest item entered as the default view for people visiting my store without using search tags  and as Amethyst pointed out it can't be. The default sort catagory can't be changed by me the store owner to default to Newest Item First.

Thanks anywho :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.