In World Search, Im gone again

Gunner Grun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was 6th on the list in my category for the longest time and once again Im gone as of Saturday. I checked to make sure the show in search was checked and LL is still taking the money to show place in search but you can't find me, even if you search by the name of the biz. Only my classifieds show up.

Last time this happened it was 3 months I was gone from the search. I went from selling 6 to 7 homes a day to 1 a week. If you haven't looked at search in world for awhile you might want to check to see if your still there. You might be paying them for nothing.

I remain just astonished at search.  It was a working thing, reliable and fast at one time.  Now it's potluck whether it will work at all and when it does work, it's clunky at its fastest, and sometimes it takes seconds for a single typed character to  display.  It's absurd that to change ratings or kind of thing searched for you have to load their garbage spam for each and every change or parameter you set.  As if it's not slow enough.

As for having to have java scripts and cookies active to use in-world search, talk about going out of their way  to create entirely unnecessary barriers and potential for glitches while degrading performance, ease of use and end user convenience. 

All this would be bad enough if at least when you could get it to "work" from the search side, the results included everything it should, but they cannot even get this most basic function right.

I hesitate to call it a fail at launch that turned into a long term fail, least anyone mistakenly believe I am accusing it of waste and ruin, and having no redeeming qualities, whereas in reality, there are probably people who have not seen wasted potential and certainly many businesses have not been ruined by search borkage, and surely the fact that it does kind of sort of almost work, very slowly, some of the time, if you sacrifice just the right number of sion chickens, is a redeeming quality?

Well i'm confused. i saw the grid status about inworld search not working and the posts here so i check search inworld, works fine, i checked where my shop was and it's still where it was.

I use phoenix  so i don't know whats going on, i checked the grid status and it has'nt been updated.

But search works for me

I am not advertising my store i am listing my products in answer to Kampu Oyen suggestion that those affected by search list their products, although i have not been affected by search problems this is my list

Search works for me and the products i sell are

skins, avatars

dresses

jeans

bikinis

tops

jewelry

hair

furniture

shoes/boots

nikita Jefferson wrote:

Well i'm confused. i saw the grid status about inworld search not working and the posts here so i check search inworld, works fine, i checked where my shop was and it's still where it was.

I use phoenix  so i don't know whats going on, i checked the grid status and it has'nt been updated.

But search works for me

Yes, search always works in Pheonix in my experience.

We're referring to LL's search here so far as I know.  I've never, ever, not even once, found search to not work in Pheonix.

Try it in LL's viewer.  I find about 20% of the time it works at a reasonable speed, about 40% of the time it is annoyingly slow, about 20% of the time it is unacceptably, ridiculously slow, and about 20% of the time, it just does not work at all. 

>

skins, avatars

dresses

jeans

bikinis

tops

jewelry

hair

furniture

shoes/boots

Thank you very much for posting that.

One person isn't a very compelling sample, but someone has to go first anyway.

Hopefully there won't be any reason for others to follow, but if there is, you've got the door open.

I just did a search for my sim and some of the parcels set for search on that sim. None of them show up today. I've not had a problem with this before and I've not delisted or changed anything recently. Was there a jira for this disappearing act type problem already? Would it be possible if the sim was offline at the time search details are refreshed, that a whole sim worth of parcels set to appear in search would not be listed the next day?

Still no hits in seach for the parcels set for search on my main sim. Sent a ticket on the 15th..still no answer. I guess I wait and hope they'll refund me the Lindens I paid to appear in seach this week. Though I doubt that will happen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.