How to report wrongful listings

VidaPaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've come across quite a few "stores" that have obviously stolen items such as skins and shapes and other things from well known stores and some of the things stolen have been from my friend's stores and it's quite frustrating and upsetting. What my main question here is, when you go to flag something on MP how do you do so for obvious stolen goods? There's options that aren't clear as to how it should be flagged. Yet there is a warning TO US that states: Before reporting a listing, please review the Second Life Marketplace Listing Guidelines. Abusing this feature is a violation of the Community Standards -- so don’t do it.

Ok... but how do we go about reporting it correctly? Why is there no theft option? And what exactly does "Gaming Policy" mean, in those options?

You cannot.

My understanding is that the proper mechanism, under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) is that only the owner of intellectual property can report whether or not a product is stolen.

You can notify the intellectual property rights holders (so that they can report to Linden Lab using a valid DMCA claim), but that's the extent of your capability.

See also: [Source for this information]

The Skilled Gaming Policy is unrelated, but you can read about this here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.