How to exchange lindens to real currency

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Process Credit. If you wish to transfer some or all of these US Dollars to your PayPal account, go to your Account Summary on your Dashboard, and you will see a US Dollar balance with a “process Credit” link next to it. Click that!

06-process-credit.png

Then next page shows that the Process Credit has changed (for now) and you are given a link to the knowledge base if you care to read more about it. You will need to select a Payout Method, so click the Payout Method plus button .

BE VERY SURE THE  EMAIL ADDRESS YOU GIVE THEM  IS CORRECT, BECAUSE THE FUNDS WILL GO TO WHATEVER EMAIL YOU ENTER!!

You should only need to do this part once, unless of course LL changes things again.

07-select-a-payout-method.png

Clicking on the plus button will take you to this dialogue for Change Payment Method. If you need to add a payment method, click the link to add a payment method.

If you have processed credit to PayPal in the past, you will be able to tick a box next to PayPal Address that shows the email you use to process PayPal payments.  Tick the button and click continue.

08-change-payment-method.png

Now you will see the PayPal logo and the email you use for PayPal under payout method.  BE VERY SURE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS CORRECT, BECAUSE THE FUNDS WILL GO TO WHATEVER EMAIL YOU ENTER!!

Then click the Request Process credit button

09-payout-method1.png

You will again be asked to enter your SL login information, and then you will be directed to a page showing the Transaction Details of your Process Credit Request.

10-transaction-details.png

Now you will wait  – again – for about 3 to 5 days, (could be 7 days if its your first time). Then you will get an email from PayPal saying that your money is available in your PayPal account. 

And that’s how you optimize your cash out from Second Life to real money! :)

Middleton Gibbs wrote:

i just tried to place a L$ sell order on the SL website but it says i cannot sell because my daily transaction limit is 0.00 US dollars

First of all, you do NOT need to have a premium account.

I assume it is because you haven't used the LindenXchange before today. You have to buy some L$ first (the minimum amount is 2500 L$ - approx 10.43 US$), then you will be able able to sell L$ (within the authorized monthly limits) 8 days after your first purchase of L$. There are indeed limits as described below:

Limits

Notes:

• 24 hour and 30 day limits are computed on a rolling basis.
  • The buy limit summarizes and restricts market and limit buy usage of the LindeX™ exchange.
  • The sell limit summarizes and restricts market and limit sell usage of the LindeX™ exchange.
  • The purchase limit summarizes all US$ billing activity that was not fulfilled from a credit on your US$ account balance. The purchase limit restricts all nonrecurring US$ billing activity that can not be fulfilled from a credit on your US$ account balance.
  • "Days" in the New Resident limits description refers to days since first billing transaction with Linden Lab.

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php

However, you may request a review of your account to increase your limits. Please visit the support system and submit a ticket.

Select Billing -> LindeX™ Billing and Trading Limits Review Request

We'll review your request and get back to you within 5 business days.

I would not suggest the lattest, as by the time LL reviews your request, it will be more than 8 days. Unless, of course, you need to sell more than US$300. :)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Middleton Gibbs wrote:

i just tried to place a L$ sell order on the SL website but it says i cannot sell because my daily transaction limit is 0.00 US dollars

First of all, you do need to have a premium account.

I assume it is because you haven't used the LindenXchange before today.
You have to buy some L$ first
(the minimum amount is 2500 L$ - approx 10.43 US$), then you will be able able to sell L$ 
(within the authorized monthly limits) 8 days after your first purchase of L$
. There are indeed limits as described below:

Limits

Notes:
  • 24 hour and 30 day limits are computed on a rolling basis.
  • The buy limit summarizes and restricts market and limit buy usage of the LindeX™ exchange.
  • The sell limit summarizes and restricts market and limit sell usage of the LindeX™ exchange.
  • The purchase limit summarizes all US$ billing activity that was not fulfilled from a credit on your US$ account balance. The purchase limit restricts all nonrecurring US$ billing activity that can not be fulfilled from a credit on your US$ account balance.
  • "
    Days" in the New Resident limits description refers to days since first billing transaction with Linden Lab

However, you may request a review of your account to increase your limits. Please
and submit a ticket.

Select
Billing -> LindeX™ Billing and Trading Limits Review Request

We'll review your request and get back to you within 5 business days.

I would not suggest the lattest, as by the time LL reviews your request, it will be more than 8 days. Unless, of course, you need to sell more than US$300.
:)

Did you mean to say you "DO NOT NEED" a premium account?

That's never been a prerequisite and I've done cash outs with out being Premium.

Just need to do that initial buy to kick start the system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.