How to contact a merchant

madelin423

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.  I was looking at an item in marketplace. It said if you have any
questions, to contact merchant. I looked all around for how to do this.  I finally found the name that
was clickable and put "IM" in a box.  This took me to sign in for second life.  I signed it but that was
it.  Nothing happened. What am I missing? Thanks.

You can copy the name of the merchant from Market Place - log into SL with your avatar - click on the search-button - click on tab: people - paste in the name and hit search.

There you can find the merchants  name. Now you open the profile of the merchant, and click IM (send message to the merchant)...and tell her/him, what you have on your mind :)

Read the profile to see how the merchant prefers to be contacted.  Some will only accept notecards and ignore any IM's they get, or their IM's get capped and they won't get your's if they are off line.  Other's prefer IM's because they have their IM's going to their email. 

If it is IM's they prefer, just don't IM them with a "hi' or 'are you online?" or general chit chat.  Many are very busy so it's best to state your questions from the start and you'll get answers faster.

Some will tell you to contact their customer service rep, or manager and give the name of who that is.

In any case be patient.  Merchants have RL's too and many of them are not on every day.  Wait at least 48 hours before sending another message.

I would IM them and then copy the IM to a notecard and send them the notecard as well. That way they are guaranteed to get it. Plus if they check their emails they will get the IM notification too. Best of both worlds.

Some very large merchants have helpdesk ticket systems on their site too but that is very rare. Usually they will tell you how they want to be contacted on their profile.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.