How can i file a complaint against a merchand ?

Peter Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you bougth them on Marketplace, file a support ticket and ask for redelivery.

If you bought them in world, see if there is a redelivery terminal in the shop.  If not, you will have to be patient and wait on the seller to get back to you.  Merchants are like most people and may not be on SL every day.  They also have RL things come up. If they never do, then I am afraid that there is nothing you can do.  LL will not intervene as it states in the TOS that they are not responsible to.

You can file a complaint with LL, but merchants do not handle deliveries, LL does, and LL does not get involved with disputes between users.

Everyone loses money in SL sooner later, sometimes quite a lot. It is up to each of us to decide how upset it will make us to lose less than two dollars, and if it is a great deal, to consider leaving SL for the sake of our emtional health.

Pamela Galli wrote:

You can file a complaint with LL, but merchants do not handle deliveries, LL does, and LL does not get involved with disputes between users.

Everyone loses money in SL sooner later, sometimes quite a lot. It is up to each of us to decide how upset it will make us to lose less than two dollars, and if it is a great deal, to consider leaving SL for the sake of our emtional health.

In the AR system there is the catagory :

Commerce > Failure to deliver deliver product or service.

As you pointed out LL handles the delivers, who should we AR the marketplace team? 

Peter Destiny wrote:

bought glasses on 1/5/15 and did not receive them. Sent proof of payment to seller on 1/6/15 and daily IM's. Seller never responded and I'm out 429 Linden.

Did you only send one message, may be their messages got capped?  You could join a group that the merchant belongs to see when they last logged in. 

Is it possible you just din't see it in your inventory, there are 2 places items might get delivered to depending on permissions, try searching for it by name  in your inventory, the received items folder is not all way obvious to new or returning users.

or if none of that helps, In the AR system you can file a complaint under : Commerce > Failure to deliver deliver product or service.  The problem with this option is that LL won't tell you what actions if any are taken.

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

As you pointed out LL handles the delivers, who should we AR the marketplace team? 

I don't know. I suppose if it was me (and I cared enough about losing two dollars to do anything about it), I might file a support ticket, but not an AR. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I don't know. I suppose if it was me (and I cared enough about losing two dollars to do anything about it), I might file a support ticket, but not an AR. 

What I'm really wondering is what is the difference between filling ether way, are they read by a different group of people at LL and if so how are they dealt with differently.  On the surface we know an AR LL will never share what they do or don't do, but I wonder if the AR team is more likely or not to look deeper into some thing like this?

I suspect LL will do nothing in either case, unless it is someone who is deliberately scamming by selling empty boxes on the MP. Then they might do something. Or might not.

Anyone who shops or rents land in SL needs to understand that it is a buyer beware world. 

The few times I have paid money, and never heard another word from the merchant, I've filed an AR, then gotten on with life. The AR is for the community, since LL does not intervene in individual disputes like this; But I figure if some merchant gives rise to an ongoing stream of AR's from ripped off customers, LL will eventually take the bugger down.  

Rhys Goode wrote:

The few times I have paid money, and never heard another word from the merchant, I've filed an AR, then gotten on with life. The AR is for the community, since LL does not intervene in individual disputes like this; But I figure if some merchant gives rise to an ongoing stream of AR's from ripped off customers, LL will eventually take the bugger down.  

That would be my guess. The empty-box sellers do disappear (briefly, until their alt opens another store) but not as a result of one AR.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I would also try to contact the merchant several times, with notecards, groups and so on. Maybe that merchant is not working in sl everyday but eventually they will prob come back. I see people writing bad reviews to those merchants lol I am not saying u should but i wonder if anyone else had the same problem with that merchant and wrote a review. You could search that to see what's going on. I think 400L is a lot and you should receive your item. But it also happens a lot. I have customers tell me they got a box and only one shoe in it. So I don't know if it happens during upload to market place or during buying the product. Sometimes things go missing and have to be replaced or redelivered. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.