Help with Subscriber System decision

ChloeElectra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I am currently looking for a subscriber system, which will allow me to send messages to the subscribers without revealing the location it is rezzed. I have looked at quite a few solutions from ArtiZan, SasTech and the Subscrib-o-matic but I am not entirely sure if any of them can stop transmitting the rez location.

Is there anyone with experience on these systems and the feature I am looking for? Please feel free to suggest other systems too.

Many thanks!

ChloeElectra wrote:

send messages to the subscribers without revealing the location it is rezzed.

Hiya Chloe. This specific feature isn't possible - all Second Life objects reveal their location when they use llGiveInventory (that is, every time they send a notecard). Messaging devices that send via chat message also reveal their location when the name of the 'speaker' is clicked by the user (or if the message is recieved while the target user is offline). The reasoning behind this is that they can then be more easily Abuse Reported, as sending unsolicited spam is against the Second Life Terms of Service.

It's best to put machines like this in public anyway, so that people can unsubscribe themselves quickly and without hassle.

Dear Freya, thank you so much for your reply :)

It really makes sense, but I wanted to avoid having people around at my home if I decided to rez it there. Just to clarify, that would be a subscriber to send items to the bloggers of a specific store and not to spam customers with new releases etc.

In this case, I suppose it's best to find another place to rez it. Many thanks!

Hi Chloe

As Freya said, it's default SL behaviour to transmit the device location. The way I managed this for my own store was to create a small parcel for my servers, with a forced landing point at the store entrance. This way people land where they need to, to shop or unsub, but don't suddenly appear in my workshop to scare the crap out of me while scripting, etc.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.