Glitchy MP Unassociated Inventory items folder???

Bratty Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm a merchant on SL and I'm trying to "follow the rules" and switch over from my magic boxes to the direct delivery system.  I've gotten the hang of moving items to my listings and associating them with the old items, but my problem is this:  When I go to delete the unassociated items, I keep getting this message:

"So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back! We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly." 

They just won't delete.

Is there something I am doing wrong?  I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fix this but can't find anything anywhere.  Any help from you amazing people would be appreciated.

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing...

So far all I have deduced is to just click on the actions for each individual unassociated inv item labled 'Magic Box' under the Delivery category and delete them one by one. Not so much fun when you have 300+ listings...

Ever so slightly irritating, but I imagine everyone who is on the marketplace that is still using magic boxes who got the email you and I got are also trying to do the same thing. 

Coffee and patience for me today <_<

:heart: Cherry

Oh, and I forgot to mention, even deleting individually, you can tell the marketplace is lagged. 

I'd say it's about 5-10 seconds to delete each one lol :smileylol:

God help me........... I'm going to go through a whole pack of smokes today lmao

• Moderators

Greetings!

You may remove all of the old Magic Box items from your Unassociated Inventory at the same time.

1. Click on the Magic Box Status link on your Merchant Home Page

2. Log into the site using your SL credentials (this will log you into the Xstreet SL web site).

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Remove" next to the Magic Box you wish to unlink from the system

4. Click on Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes button on your Manage Listings page on the SLM site.

When the sync have fully completed, all of the old Magic Box items in the Unassociated Inventory section that were/are in the unlinked Magic Box will disappear.

Thank you Dakota! :heart:

But, i'd have to redo all of the 300+ listing information...ya? I watched Torley's tutorials on how to replace the magic box listings and replace with direct... That's the process i'm following, and he mentioned you can only do 100 unassociated items at once?

Ermahgerd... lol I'm still waiting for the folders in my merchant outbox to finish being created xD

• Moderators

Hi Cherry!

Nope!  The only thing Direct Delivery changes is how an item is sent to your buyers. 

When you upload the item through the Merchant Outbox for the first timeit should automatically associate itself with the existing listing for the item as long as you do not change the name of the item itself.

OK Dakota, I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here, but when I click on "Magic Box Status" it takes me to the old XStreet page and it won't let me change anything there at all.  If I click on the "Go to Marketplace" instead, it just keeps taking me back to the MP home page.  Something I'm doing wrong here?

Also, I'm unpacking my boxes as suggested in the video tuts from Torley and in doing so, changing the name of my products so they don't say "boxed" anymore, so I have to associate them with the old items, I realize this and that's what I'm doing.  Just wondered if it made a difference or not

Thanks for the help,

Bratty

• Moderators

Bratty Nirvana wrote:

OK Dakota, I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here, but when I click on "Magic Box Status" it takes me to the old XStreet page and it won't let me change anything there at all.  If I click on the "Go to Marketplace" instead, it just keeps taking me back to the MP home page.  Something I'm doing wrong here?

Also, I'm unpacking my boxes as suggested in the video tuts from Torley and in doing so, changing the name of my products so they don't say "boxed" anymore, so I have to associate them with the old items, I realize this and that's what I'm doing.  Just wondered if it made a difference or not

Thanks for the help,

Bratty

Hi Bratty,

Yes, the Magic Box Status page is on the old Xstreet SL web site. 

When you click on the Magic Box Status link, if you are getting the re-direct pop up, click cancel so that you can log into the Xstreet SL web site.

For the migration, do not unbox the items.  If you wish to do that in the future, you can. Or if you wish to not have to do that for new products that you list, excellent. 

During the migration, unboxing the items just makes 100x more work for you. :(

Here is a really easy way to migrate all of your items, if you have 1 Magic Box with less than 100 tems:

1. Edit the Magic Box and change the name to DD Migration

2. Open the contents tab and copy everything to your inventory.

This should create a folder in your inventory called DD Migration

3. If your DD Migration Folder less than 100 items, highlight everything except the Xstreet SL scripts

4. Right click and choose "Send to Merchant Outbox"

5. After the MO loads all of the items, click the Send to Marketplace button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.