Full Perm Content Creators with Demos on MP ... issue?

Pudenta Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, let me assure you that I am extremely grateful for Demos ... when I want them. They're invaluable, and I appreciate them. That said .... 

Is there a reason why Demos for FP items end up showing perms as Copy/Mod/Trans ... when the delivered product is obviously going to be restricted, since it's a demo? Is there some kind of listing restriction (tied to the "get full version," maybe .. I'm groping for answers, here)?

It makes me crazy when I do a search, filter for all perms, and get pages and pages of demos in my search results, which logically should have the restricted perms reflected on the listing, in addition to all the other search results. 

Pudenta Magic wrote:

In that case, let me beg ...........

Please, please, please .. if you're a FP content provider and list a demo,
puhleeeeeeeze
set the perms to the actual delivered product. We have enough problems searching for relevant content in the MP.

So, you are asking people to please, please, please never make a mistake. 

Okay.

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Have you tried to put "full perm NOT demo" in the keywords and then sort for all perms? That should at least remove the least relevant items.

all you have to do is put "NOT demo" in search and then after it pulls up a ton of things check the  three boxes on the left to show the full perm stuff. Searching for "Full Perm" will only show the things that have that in the keywords or title. It wont actually show the full perm items.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Pudenta Magic wrote:

In that case, let me beg ...........

Please, please, please .. if you're a FP content provider and list a demo,
puhleeeeeeeze
set the perms to the actual delivered product. We have enough problems searching for relevant content in the MP.

So, you are asking people to please, please, please never make a mistake. 

Okay.

I have to agree with her on this one a bit, Pam.. Some shops look like they batch edit each product along with the demo and the only difference is the item name.. There are some lazy merchants out there.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Well if they are deliberately misleading people (I have no idea how demos work), then they join the ranks of keyword spammers and empty box sellers -- and probably do not care. 

Demos are demos of an item.. IE a mesh dress that says demo all over the texture. Something you can try on and see how it fits before buying.  It's like havng a house out for people to look at inworld before they buy one. They are usually no mod, no copy, no trans. All it is is a merchant being lazy when they have the wrong permissions on the MP.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Have you tried to put "full perm NOT demo" in the keywords and then sort for all perms? That should at least remove the least relevant items.

all you have to do is put "NOT demo" in search and then after it pulls up a ton of things check the  three boxes on the left to show the full perm stuff. Searching for "Full Perm" will only show the things that have that in the keywords or title. It wont actually show the full perm items.

I am very aware of that full perm will only show those items that have this in keywords.

Please tell me if to search for only "NOT demo" works for you, for me it doesn't. It has to have at least one search term first, otherwise it returns empty result. It was thought as a suggestion to narrow down her search only.

To relay on that the merchant either checked all perm boxes or put in these keywords is basically the same, not 100% certainty you get all items.

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

I am very aware of that full perm will only show those items that have this in keywords.

Please tell me if to search for only "NOT demo" works for you, for me it doesn't. It has to have at least one search term first, otherwise it returns empty result. It was thought as a suggestion to narrow down her search only.

To relay on that the merchant either checked all perm boxes or put in these keywords is basically the same, not 100% certainty you get all items.

Well, if i was looking for full perm mesh items i would search "mesh NOT demo." If it was something else, i would serch for "_______ NOT demo."

If a merchant doesnt set the perm to match the item that is a seperate issue. Half the things on the first page of a "full perm NOT demo" search aren't actually full perm. If you check the boxes on the left and refien it then you are sure to get things that are checked full perm. Whether or not they are depends on the merchant.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Well, if i was looking for full perm mesh items i would search "mesh NOT demo." If it was something else, i would serch for "_______ NOT demo."

If a merchant doesnt set the perm to match the item that is a seperate issue. Half the things on the first page of a "full perm NOT demo" search aren't actually full perm. If you check the boxes on the left and refien it then you are sure to get things that are checked full perm. Whether or not they are depends on the merchant.

Surely we would search differently to what we are after, you would search mesh, someone else dress ... etc and naturally we can vary the keywords to narrow down what we search for. That is what my suggestion was about, to help her by exluding the demo by adding "NOT", which was the problem initially stated.

My question to you was only since you stated it was enough to type "NOT demo" without keywords like I suggested, does it work for you, because, to me, that only returns an empty search result.

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Lutricia Roux wrote:

Surely we would search differently to what we are after, you would search mesh, someone else dress ... etc and naturally we can vary the keywords to narrow down what we search for. That is what my suggestion was about, to help her by exluding the demo by adding "NOT", which was the problem initially stated.

My question to you was only since you stated it was enough to type "NOT demo" without keywords like I suggested, does it work for you, because, to me, that only returns an empty search result.

Perhaps you misunderstood my reply.. I did not mean  to just put in "NOT demo" rather  add that to your search but not use "full perm" as that does not actually show you full perm items, only those that have them in keywords or title. Most of those are not actually full perm items, just keyword spammers.

If I use (without quotes) "mesh" as my search term, then filter by checking all three perms, COPY, MOD, TRANS ... and assuming the merchant has set the proper perms ... I should never see a demo in the results (since they are normally NOT full perms).

As an exercise, try it and see how many DEMO responses you get. The answer is: about half (usually more)

Why should it be the responsibility of the buyer to set the NOT demo exception?

Pudenta Magic wrote:

If I use (without quotes) "mesh" as my search term, then filter by checking all three perms, COPY, MOD, TRANS ... and assuming the merchant has set the proper perms ... I should never see a demo in the results (since they are normally NOT full perms).

As an exercise, try it and see how many DEMO responses you get. The answer is: about half (usually more)

Why should it be the responsibility of the buyer to set the NOT demo exception?

Did you not see my first response to you.. I said the merchants screwed up.. You know what i do when i see one of those screw ups? i flag them for incorrect permissions. Until the merchants fix their perms our only option is to search with "NOT demo" added on.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Did you not see my first response to you.. I said the merchants screwed up.. You know what i do when i see one of those screw ups? i flag them for incorrect permissions. Until the merchants fix their perms our only option is to search with "NOT demo" added on.

Yeah .. saw it, or I wouldn't have posted my begging comment, right? This comment wasn't a direct reply to you. It's a generalized question.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.