Forbidden text in a product description field

Kimpa Tammas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I updated today one of my product on the marketplace and I can't publish it because there are a "forbidden text" in the description field. However, the error message don't display this forbidden text. This is the product description:

KTC Spy camera is an avatars detector which may be installed everywhere in your house, office, store, ATM... It records detected avatar names with date and time detection. So, you can be notified by email or instant message for each detection following if you are off-line or on-line. If you don't be alerted, you can see the detections list directly from the camera.

Avatars are detected only once. When an avatar is detected for the first time, it's recorded. If this same avatar is detected again later, it's not recorded, unless that the detections list has been deleted in the meantime.

➨ NOTE: this product is intended for your personal house or small business. If you want detect a large number of avatars, use the product "KTC Spy camera HD".

Features
- can store up to 640 detections
- configuration by menu (no notecard)
- detection radius between 1 and 96 meters
- directional detection of 180°
- interval detection every 5 seconds
- can be hidden
- GMT time zone (-12 to +13 hours)
- date format (month/day or day/month)
- automatic Daylight Saving Time (DST) for all countries*
- optional e-mail alert or instant message for each detection
- optional sound when new avatar detection
- camera on/off
- displaying detections list locally
- LED status
- manual reset
- automatic detections list reset when low memory
- free and unlimited updates

Properties
- 1 prim (mesh)
- no modify
- no copy
- transfer
- 4 scripts (160 KB of memory)

* Except: Antarctica, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Fiji, Namibia, New Zealand, Paraguay, Samoa and Uruguay

Note that it's my first product on the marketplace since 2007. Someone can help me?

I don't see anything, but it could be any random word or combination of letters. Seriously. It is beyond absurd.

You will need to do process of elimination. Paste half your text to see which half it is in, then half of that, etc.

Merchants have had to waste SO much time playing this silly LL game.

my guess is "office" because it's a bit like ORIFICE and that's sort of like ass-hole but to be honest, it's anyones guess as to which word is the issue.

Just keep remembering that we are to be treated like little children, presided over by awesome beings whose sole intent is to make life difficult for us by not treating us appropriately.

Kimpa Tammas wrote:

Response from LL:

Unfortunately
we do not have a list of trigger words that could cause this
. Because of that you will need to go through the description and add it word by word to see which of those is causing this flag. I am very sorry.

Funny!

Going word by word certainly would qualify as The Linden Lab Way ®.  Rather than the way I suggested, taking half the remaining text at a time.

I sell wristwatches. Almost all of my inventory became unlisted over the weekend due to using forbidden words. The offending text turned out to be  "Time zone control", used as one of the features of my watches. I found that by changing the featture to simply" Time zones" I could successfully list the items.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

This should now be fixed. In the future, if you hit other words which you think should be allowed, please
, and we'll do our best to address the issue quickly.

Yep, ok, i'll bite.

ONE BIG FAT JIRA calling for the removal of this inadequate piece of junk.  Did you ever fix the merchants listings that it broke the last time someone messed with it? Remember when many G rated listings got reclassified as Adult and yet responsibility and accountability was totally shrugged off?

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7643

"Let me ask you this question. You've just compiled a mere 1000 line bit of code and instead of the compiler saying "syntax error at line 572, missing ) ", instead it says:-

"There was an error in your program, please correct it and try again"

How would you feel? would you class that compiler as fit for purpose or would you go screaming to your line manager stating that you can't possibly perform your role with such inadequate software.

Now lets pretend your a merchant working with software that does just that... feeling it yet?"

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.