Faster cashouts to paypal for those with good long-standing cashout histories PLEASE

Alexxis DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ebbe, if you are listening, please make cashouts to paypal faster for those who have good long standing histories of cashouts. There is no reason for legit business owners who have cashed out for ages without a problem to have to wait this long for our money.

I am not talking about hobby business owners. I am talking about those of us who pull thousands from the game every month.

Thank you if you are listening.

When Xstreet was here, it was instant. When LL bought xstreet, it was instant. Virwox was instant. The technology is there. They aren't using it. We are being forced to use lindex because of money laundering. Ok. Why punish those who are actually earning money legally?

Anyone who is self employed and being paid through paypal are paid instantly. Those who use freelancer websites are usually paid twice a week on a reliable schedule. There are scheduled payout dates for these sites. With LL it's wait and see. Don't give me bull**bleep** about planning my payouts when there is absolutely nothing reliable about the system LL uses to actually plan around.

Accumulating enough money to cash out is like waiting for your paycheck at any other job. We have the added bonus of waiting again for LL to simply send the money.

Economically, it is a huge negative to have to wait on payouts. It also seriously lessen the incentive to create in SL. LL doesn't have wait when they want me to pay for a sim, which means the transactions and our relationship are not equal. Anything that slows down transactions, whether in or out, affects the economy. Plus, we have the added annoyance of weekends, which LL doesn't allow any1 to work. Seriously, what internet company closes down completely on the weekends? That's when I do most of my work. It's like LL is stuck in 1985. Can't the billing people put in a few hours every weekend from home?

Personally, I think LL's system isn't secure enough to immediately pay out, even tho Xstreet did it for many years. That is what seems to be the issue. They deal with fraud regularly, and it really doesn't matter if you are a trust merchant, as you get paid by random customers that could be engaged in fraud. That said, how can a company that makes millions every years not have a currency that is secure?

Stoke. You want to 'stoke' the fire, not 'stroke' it. That would be uncomfortable.

Aside from the money laundering/fraud reasons, AFAIK the 5 day wait is part of LL's deal with paypal. I don't mind that, but I would like to see processing outside of US banking hours, because that can be a pretty big delay on payouts for those of us outside the U.S. - I have to time my cashouts by paying close attention to U.S. time zones and if I'm out by an hour, it can mean an extra 24-48 hours of wait time.

Your phone identifies stoke as an incorrectly spelled word? 

I am just tired of seeing all these complaints tbh, because they don't even have to offer this platform for the public. Nor do they have to allow you to make money here, but hey, lets throw rocks at a company who is in the midst of switching CEO and is trying to please their investors while keepign the community from falling apart. Sounds like a good idea, lets..ya'know, try and tell everyone how crappy linden labs is when we should really be promoting them. Sure, it has some Flaws, but if you look to a virtual world A.K.A. VIDEO GAME (Oh no the cursed words of death and dooooom!) For your #1 RL income then you really can't blame the provider, If you're as skilled as you want to preach, go get an RL freelance job. They'll pay you on time and don't usually come with bugs in their system, just a lot of NDAs and signatures~

I for one, Think you should stop complaining and start supporting. This game is still in development, obviously. It gets patched and updated sooo often. So calm yourself, or get mad, either way you're not going to do anything except sit and wait for them to do something about it because thats all you can do. You leaving won't shut linden labs down, and making a fit on the forums isn't contributing to a better community.

IvanBenjammin wrote:

I agree with you, Moose. Except the part about being a freelancer and getting paid on time...
:P

Ah, I suppose I've just been lucky up until now :P I am pretty stern about being paid upfront, if not at least half ^.^ 

ETA: I am only stern about that because of the amount of people who mysteriously disappear after you perform all the work (But haven't delivered anything yet) and don't pay :(

SOOOOO

Here's the issue and a heads up for folks.

I had to complete a W9 form.

I have never had to do that before (cashed out last month) AND never recieved any notification that I needed to (I am not a mover and shaker here :D). I cashed out $320 which isn't a huge amount.

SO for those of you reading this be prepared to go through signing documents (online). The print is infinitesimal and happily I had a "make the print larger" application in Firefox. Otherwise I would not have been able to fill in the form. The form iteself had some issues but I did eventually get it filled in.

Now wouldn't it have been nice if they would have WRITTEN ME and told me what the problem was rather than just holding my money.  OK. Big sigh here.

I remember LONG LONG (like seven years maybe) ago when I didn't get paid (for-e-ver). I put up a HUGE sign in my store yelling at them - LOL. Thing don't seem to change much. Hopefully I will get my money now and not have to wait yet another week.

HEADS UP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.