Dang the cashing out to paypal

Jorie Muircastle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear lindens,

your cash out system says 3-5 business days to cash out to paypal, well so far it has been 15 business days now and counting.

I am sure when friday comes around or whatever day of the week happens, you cut the checks on time for your employees.

Us folks in your world, work just as hard for pennies on the dollar, and many here depend on those deposits into paypal to pay for diapers, milk, and groceries for thier kids. I know many young mothers that throw in 15 hour days to maybe pull out 80 bucks in a week, but that 80 bucks makes a world of differance whrn its there on time.

when the Sl marketplace was owned by SLexchange, the folks there understood this and cut the checks on time, when virwox was around, they understood this and cut the checks on time.

What is happening with your team? do they just not care?

I like many others depend on the income to pay my bills as well..

get with it, 15 business days is kind of really a lot, and suggests your accounting staff needs to be replaced or something.. they are taking too many smoke breaks,

Please work on this issue, or reopen a contract with virwox or another company to handle rapid cashouts.

Jorie, this reply is not directed at you. Instead it is my perspective on the issue you raise.

Trust me when I say that you are not the first to bristle at the lack of dependability in the SL Cashout system. I can also say with some authority that Linden Lab has made some changes with an eye toward making it work better. (Not perfectly mind you, just "better".)

But near as I know there has never been any concise response from LL to anyone suffering the same issue. It is routinely treated as a non-issue by them and thus never really is given the full force of their Customer Service machinery.

Posts such as yours may even get responses chiding you for not allowing enough time, or possibly underestimating how long it really takes to cash out. But I truly believe most of those folks are trying to soften the blow by decreasing your expectations for timely service.

I really do wish that the Cashout system at LL was more reliable. I really do wish they'd implement a process that sends an automated notice if it takes more than 5 business days .. and that notice should explain concisely why the delay. I also really wish they'd calculate and include in the "Process Credit Started" email the exact date at which "5 business days" will lapse. (People in countries other than the USA may not realize that 1 or 2 of those "days" didn't count because they weren't business days.)

But really, the absolute bottom line big wish is that LL would start acting as if punctuality and deadlines really REALLY matter .. and not just to people waiting for money, but for anyone that has to wait for someone else to finish their part.

15 days is long even if you included weekends. Since you addressed your complaint to Lindens here, if I was you I would send a ticket directly. It might be that you are required to fill out forms to supply personal information and ID.This notice may be in your account. They will not pay you until you do this. If the amount you withdraw exceeds a certain limit (I believe it's about $US600 in one month) then you may receive the notice.

The longest I have ever waited is about 7 working days (2 days late), except when I had to supply info.

Have you filed the required tax forms with LL?  If one isn't on file you possibly may have to fill one out.  Check your email to see if you got an email about this.  If you don't see it check your spam folder as it may have ended up there.  Still don't see it?  See if there is a open support ticket about this for you.

This could account for why it is taking so long.  No cashout will be processed until LL receives these forms, if required.

You should contact billing to find out what the hold up is

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You should contact billing to find out what the hold up is

Billing support phone numbers:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490

Germany: 0800.664.5510

Japan: 0066.33.132.830

Portugal: 800.814.450

Spain: 800.300.560

UK: 0800.048.4646

Support is in English Only

If you cannot use one of these phone numbers contact Live Chat if you are a premium member or file a support ticket

This is extremely valuable information .. and yeah, I realize folks could Google it or use the available SL web searches to find it. But it's also the same sort of Static info that can easily be placed at the bottom of the "Cashout process begun" Email that we all get.

Oh ... Wait ... We don't get one of those. We get one when we place a Sell Order for Linden Dollars, and we get one when that Sell Order is closed, AND we get one when our Cashout is approved. So tell me again why we can't get one when we START the Cashout process? Wouldn't that be an excellent place to provide such valuable information? Wouldn't that make a great place to state clearly when the process should complete?

Wouldn't that be a nice low-impact, low-cost way to strengthen the communications between Linden Lab and its Customers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.